• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sell me Justin Fields vs CJ Stroud

Cam's New Arm

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Mahomes was 16-21 as a starting QB at Texas Tech. Who cares about team records when you're looking at individual prospects? We aren't looking to draft the team we're looking to draft the player. Watch the player not the team.

I did - Mahomes put up a gazillion points every game, almost entirely on his own back. His defence let him down.

Ohio St don't have those same talent problems 

You're talking to someone that wanted to draft Mahomes instead of McCaffrey.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think Fields slipped due to struggling against good defenses. He ripped Clemson a new one and Clemson probably had the best defense in the country that year.

I think it was concerns about his processing.

He struggled against several teams. Including Indiana and Northwestern. He won against them, but questions about Fields began then. He did slap Clemson around. Then struggled against the superior team in bama.

7 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

IDC about the big10 championship. The conference is weak overall. There's no real competition to OSU other than Michigan. Who finally got it done this year.

The reason Fields slid in the draft was due to his struggles against good defenses.

Stroud had one of his best games against a Juggernaut team in UGA.

I'd take Stroud over Fields 10/10.

He looked pretty damn good against Clemson in the Sugar Bowl. Threw for 385 yards and 6 TDs. That was against a Clemson defense with Bryan Bresee, Andrew Booth, Myles Murphy, Trenton Simpson, and KJ Henry all of which either were or are more than likely going to be drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. 

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

Burrow won the National Title and the Heisman Trophy. 

In what his 5th year of college?  The year prior he wasn’t Jack crap and couldn’t even win the job at his other school.

maybe Stroud should just hang around school another 2-3 seasons then

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Why?

so he can win a Championship and or Heisman since apparently that’s the criteria for a good

N.  F.  L

QB?

As a multi-year the starting QB of one of the top 3/4 College football programmes in the US it's a big hole in his resume, yes. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I did - Mahomes put up a gazillion points every game, almost entirely on his own back. His defence let him down.

Ohio St don't have those same talent problems 

You're talking to someone that wanted to draft Mahomes instead of McCaffrey.

I watched Stroud keep OSU highly competitive against a significantly superior UGA team. Period.

Seems like the goalposts of rationalization move based on whether or not you like a prospect.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I watched Stroud keep OSU highly competitive against a significantly superior UGA team. Period.

Seems like the goalposts of rationalization move based on whether or not you like a prospect.

OSU holds on D,that final drive, Stroud likely lifts the trophy.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

As a multi-year the starting QB of one of the top 3/4 College football programmes in the US it's a big hole in his resume, yes. 

To you maybe. No one that matters cares. Or Stetson Bennet would be a 1st rounder. 

I’ve never seen this Mahomes prediction but there are plenty of Sam Darnold evaluations on here from you to properly judge your ability to scout a QB. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2