• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sell me Justin Fields vs CJ Stroud

Cam's New Arm

4 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

OSU holds on D,that final drive, Stroud likely lifts the trophy.

But his team lost so that means he sucks. By this rationalization we need to sell the farm for Stetson Bennett. That guy's teams beat the poo out of everyone with him putting up big time numbers. Obviously the future GOAT.

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I watched Stroud keep OSU highly competitive against a significantly superior UGA team. Period.

Seems like the goalposts of rationalization move based on whether or not you like a prospect.

Not really. It's the most important position on the field. If you're trading up for a guy like that he'd better be a difference maker. 

He was up by like 3 scores against Georgia and couldn't seal the deal - that's not a good game to reference. 

• Pie 1

They’re very different. How is this even a comparison other than they went to OSU? Fields has the rushing element and is less polished as a passer. Stroud is mostly a pocket QB and has superior passing stats. It’s like comparing Cam Newton to Matt Ryan.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

To you maybe. No one that matters cares. Or Stetson Bennet would be a 1st rounder. 

I’ve never seen this Mahomes prediction but there are plenty of Sam Darnold evaluations on here from you to properly judge your ability to scout a QB. 

That's such a dickish thing to say, but I guess that's par for the course online isn't it. 

Just now, hepcat said:

They’re very different. How is this even a comparison other than they went to OSU? Fields has the rushing element and is less polished as a passer. Stroud is mostly a pocket QB and has superior passing stats. It’s like comparing Cam Newton to Matt Ryan.

You did basically cut to the core of what he is trying to get at. He wants significantly less good Cam for some reason. 

• Pie 1

Remind me, did Fields only play half the season in 2020 or something? Because what I’m seeing is Stroud throwing for A LOT more yards, TDs, with higher avg, rating, similar completion %, and way less sacks. I must be missing something for somebody to call their passing “pretty close”.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Not really. It's the most important position on the field. If you're trading up for a guy like that he'd better be a difference maker. 

He was up by like 3 scores against Georgia and couldn't seal the deal - that's not a good game to reference. 

Your rationalization leads to drafting Stetson Bennett.

Just say who you like and who you don't because your logic doesn't flow. 

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Did you watch the game? Only reason OSU was in it was because of Stroud. Trying to use that game against him is silly. Yeah it’s a loss, but not his fault and it was against a juggernaut of a team

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Just now, OldhamA said:

That's such a dickish thing to say, but I guess that's par for the course online isn't it. 

It’s the truth. No scout, GM, or coach in the NFL is judging a player on the outcome(not their specific performance) of a team single game. Much less those that think Darnold is/was the answer. Sorry about them feelings man…..