• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sell me Justin Fields vs CJ Stroud

Cam's New Arm

1 minute ago, Doc Holiday said:

Did you watch the game? Only reason OSU was in it was because of Stroud. Trying to use that game against him is silly. Yeah it’s a loss, but not his fault and it was against a juggernaut of a team

Pretty sure all great NFL QBs won the college football playoff/Bcs bowl/etc. because that’s how that works.

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

We don't need to trade draft picks for either. We have a former NFL QB as Head Coach now, a guy who is similar to Andy Reid in what he can when given the chance to develop someone with a skillset. Someone like Matt Corral, Sam Darnold, or Anthony Richardson. 

So I'll sell you both of these dudes for a penny if it means taking out a 2nd mortgage at today's ridiculous interest rates on the future to get them.

This is my take too.  If Stroud fell to 9 I would take him in a heartbeat but I would not trade multiple 1st round picks for him.  He's not a franchise type QB.  He might be someone like Dalton.  Hang around for a career but never go past winning a division.

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Not really. It's the most important position on the field. If you're trading up for a guy like that he'd better be a difference maker. 

He was up by like 3 scores against Georgia and couldn't seal the deal - that's not a good game to reference. 

He put up 41 points against the top defense in the nation and let them on a GWD in which the kicker missed the FG.  It's a great game to reference.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Both played in gimmick offenses. I just read a stat Stroud threw it to his first read more than any QB in the nation 

In his defense, it worked out pretty well. I don’t want a guy to go through a progression just for the sake of going through a progression. If the first read is open be decisive and get the ball out quick. It can be looked at positively in that way. We know if we can scheme his first read open that he will get it there. I don’t think it necessarily means he won’t look to his second and third reads if the first read isn’t there, that’s something for scouting to look at for sure.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

Did you watch the game? Only reason OSU was in it was because of Stroud. Trying to use that game against him is silly. Yeah it’s a loss, but not his fault and it was against a juggernaut of a team

He literally stopped scoring points in the 4Q. He couldn't seal the deal. 

It is what it is - a lot of you are convincing yourselves that Stroud is THE ONE so I'm talking to a brick wall at this point.

34 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I did - Mahomes put up a gazillion points every game, almost entirely on his own back. His defence let him down.

Ohio St don't have those same talent problems 

You're talking to someone that wanted to draft Mahomes instead of McCaffrey.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/400869595

https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore/_/gameId/400869627

That would be Mahomes putting up 10 points against Iowa St and 17 against West Virginia his final year...  Not quite a gazillion against some questionable teams.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

How have you jumped to that conclusion?

I guess by dismissing what a guy’s film looks like while talking how important it it’s for a NFL prospect to win at the highest level in college and put up nice numbers.

which is what Stetson did.

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Toomers said:

It’s the truth. No scout, GM, or coach in the NFL is judging a player on the outcome(not their specific performance) of a team single game. Much less those that think Darnold is/was the answer. Sorry about them feelings man…..

My feelings are fine, thanks. I'm just interested in having civil discourse. 

I think Darnold can hold down a starting job until you find someone better - that's always been my stance. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He literally stopped scoring points in the 4Q. He couldn't seal the deal. 

It is what it is - a lot of you are convincing yourselves that Stroud is THE ONE so I'm talking to a brick wall at this point.

He did. He was the only one on the field.

Listen, I'm not 100% sold on Stroud either but your field has post holes all over it from the moving of the goalposts.

Just talk about why you don't like Stroud as a prospect or start the Stetson Bennett hype train because if you follow your logic that's the guy you'd be begging for.