• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sell me Justin Fields vs CJ Stroud

Cam's New Arm

36 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Running the football on a regular basis increases the odds that a quarterback will get hurt. There is no guarantee than any player in football will not get hurt.  

I think most injuries happen inside the pocket.  There is a correlation where franchises with running QBs don't build OL like they should because their QB can bail them out.  That's what happened with Cam and is currently happening with Fields (hopefully they correct this).  Cam rarely got hurt running the ball.  Getting drilled in the shoulder while trying to throw the ball is a completely different hit.  

6 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

In his defense, it worked out pretty well. I don’t want a guy to go through a progression just for the sake of going through a progression. If the first read is open be decisive and get the ball out quick. It can be looked at positively in that way. We know if we can scheme his first read open that he will get it there. I don’t think it necessarily means he won’t look to his second and third reads if the first read isn’t there, that’s something for scouting to look at for sure.

It has worked out well for every OSU QB in college.

3 hours ago, travisura said:

This seems like you're implying that they shouldn't trade up for a QB, but this was not your initial assertion, which was that you don't think they would trade up. Feels like a pivot on your part to bring up Robbie as a slight on Fitt's decision making.

Since we're going to really parse words, how about I just say that I don't think they are going to trade up AND I think trading up is a stupid idea.

And yes, the Robbie contract IS a slight on Fit. As would be the Ian Thomas one. (I keep wanting to call him Ian Anderson... but he wouldn't make a very good tight end, especially at his age.)

Wait people want Stroud over Fields?

Im pretty sure Fields would go #1 in the draft given what we know.

The people saying Fields can't throw that is a flat out lie. He doesn't have time to read the field because his Oline is the worst in the league. Also who is he throwing to?

Chicago literally has nothing around him. Give me Fields over Stroud if given the option.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Wait people want Stroud over Fields?

Im pretty sure Fields would go #1 in the draft given what we know.

The people saying Fields can't throw that is a flat out lie. He doesn't have time to read the field because his Oline is the worst in the league. Also who is he throwing to?

Chicago literally has nothing around him. Give me Fields over Stroud if given the option.

3 hours ago, Cam's New Arm said:

QUESTIONS:

Would it be cheaper to trade for the #1 or for Fields? How much cheaper? Should that matter?

1 minute ago, Cam's New Arm said:

I think trading for #1 will cost more simply because it is the #1 pick of the draft.

The Bears could trade Fields and get more assets while having their choice at QB of Stroud or Young. 

I don't think they entertain this until they see them at their pro day. If Young can put on some weight and has a great pro day I can see Chicago trading Fields.

Young/Burns/#9 for Fields is a hell of a package.

• Pie 1