• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you give the bears for #1 pick

Jmac

They aren’t going to take Burns. You could get Will Anderson instead in the draft by dropping to 3 or 4 and getting extra picks and not have to pay to DE money for Burns. 

Offer two first, two seconds and a third somewhere and I bet they take the bait. 

The Bears dream would be trade back to 2 with the Texans who get their guy and then trade back to 4 with the Colts so they get their guy. You get extra picks, and still get Carter or Anderson. And if they felt comfortable with trading back to us that’s three future firsts or seconds and still getting a top guy in this draft PLUS they have the most money to spend in free agency. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

The Bears dream would be trade back to 2 with the Texans who get their guy and then trade back to 4 with the Colts so they get their guy. You get extra picks, and still get Carter or Anderson. And if they felt comfortable with trading back to us that’s three future firsts or seconds and still getting a top guy in this draft PLUS they have the most money to spend in free agency. 

Yeah I think highest we could get is 3 from Arizona. I think the Bears/Texans/Colts wanna stay in the top 4. Something crazy usually happens though, someone decides to go WR or OT instead of QB/DE and all the sudden everything is up in the air

2 hours ago, Jmac said:

Is it worth 2 firsts...first and 2nd with a third...or much more then this?

Will Fitts have the balls to make the move? Will F.R push for this trade?

What u got?

if it's a sure thing, everything we got from san fran since they're trying to stock pile, and our first this year. maybe fourth and fifth next year.

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

1st this year and Brian Burns. That’s a good damn offer. A pro bowl DE is easily worth 2 firsts 

lol that Bears would hang up on Fitt if he actually offered them this

The Bears just traded away Smith because they didn't want to give him a massive contract while in a re-build, why would they take Burns knowing they'd need to give him basically that same type of contract when they could just get a whole bunch of picks from someone else and draft players on rookie deals in the first for a few years.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

1st this year and Brian Burns. That’s a good damn offer. A pro bowl DE is easily worth 2 firsts 

wouldn't take it.

Problem with these trade hypotheticals is that fans look at all 1st the same and view trades in a vacuum.

Burns might be worth two 1st but what type of team usually makes that trade?  A good team, that thinks they are a player to two away.  Those type of teams are usually picking at the end of the round.

How many teams picking in the top 10 this year would give up their next two first?  probably not many.

So Burns plus #9 is really more like a top 10 pick this year and like a 24-32 pick the next two years.

Also its not just if our offer is fair, its how it compares to other teams.  What if Indy offers #4 plus their next 2 1st round picks?  They probably view that a lot better than #9 and Burns.  There is a good chance those two future picks will be top-10 type of picks.

Don't get me wrong, I think Burns is valuable but it would probably be more like 1st and 2nd this year, Burns, and a future 2nd.

• Beer 1

I'd do this EXACT same thing next year for Drake Maye or that class. There's nobody this year that's a clear #1QB lock. Maybe Stroud, but that's it and I'm on the Will Levis bandwagon as top value.

Coach sounds like he wants a top five defense before worrying so much about offense. Smart. So this year Id draft Myles Murphy by moving up a spot or two.

Or sit at nine and get Tyree Wilson a 6'6 275 quick agile DE monster also OR 6'4" WR Quinton Johnston.

Run Corral to see if he's up to task. If he's not go ALL THE WAY OUT on homeboy Drake Maye. Lots of ways to go.