• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you give the bears for #1 pick

Jmac

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Coach needs a QB if he plans on staying here for a long time.

No better man to evaluate and build a QB. IF he gets anything out of Corral like getting him to be a top 15QB, with a top five defense a QB like that can win. That third rounder contract would be GOLD while we built a complete team.

Look at Andrew Luck. He quit. Even had he not quit that first rounder contract would have crippled what the team could do around him. Sometimes it's better to not have the burden if paying a top tier QB when a less costly almost as skilled QB not making mistakes and a top five defense will get a team much farther. That's what coach was explaining.

11 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

No better man to evaluate and build a QB. IF he gets anything out of Corral like getting him to be a top 15QB, with a top five defense a QB like that can win. That third rounder contract would be GOLD while we built a complete team.

Look at Andrew Luck. He quit. Even had he not quit that first rounder contract would have crippled what the team could do around him. Sometimes it's better to not have the burden if paying a top tier QB when a less costly almost as skilled QB not making mistakes and a top five defense will get a team much farther. That's what coach was explaining.

You can look at Corral from the eye test and tell he just doesn't have the talent to be a starter in this league.

What is Corral particularly great at?

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Doc Holiday said:

So people get upset about these Hypothetical trades as if we are the ones themselves negotiating with the other team. which is a mistake to do so, this is purely speculative and for fun.

But People saying Burns plus #9 isnt valuable enough by itself objectively have no idea what theyre talking about.  

And lets break down why:

1. we have a top 10 draft pick, which is very valuable.

2. positions by value in the NFL:1. QB 2. Pass Rush DE. Think otherwise? just look at the history of the NFL draft over the last 20 years. only 1 player has gone 1st overall in the last 20 years that wasnt either a QB or a DE. What does that say? DE and QB are the two most important positions on a team.

3. Brian Burns value is high, very very high! He is a Probowl Pass rushing DE and at the young age of 24. Panthers were already offered 2 first round picks and then some for Burns and already turned that down. So we are already saying Burn's value is higher than that, very high. Probably equivalent to a top 3 draft pick.

That should be more than enough to get the first overall pick. If they wanted anything more I'd tell them to take a hike Burns isnt worth trading for Anything less than a legit Franchise QB level prospect. 

In your mind it might be enough to get it done, but in the real world it won't happen and they wouldn't take it, imo.

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

In your mind it might be enough to get it done, but in the real world it won't happen and they wouldn't take it, imo.

That’s in your mind, not the real world. None of us are getting invited to the negotiation table. Your suggested trade offer is no more valid than mine. 

it’s the fun of the discussion. 

difference between ours is I explained why my offer would have had plenty of value, you didn’t. No it doesn’t have the shock big numbers that people like to throw around. But the value is indeed there.

If there is a way to get it done without giving up our second rounders thats the route i would go. Its a lot of first round talent gonna be available in the second round this draft and some good quality linemen to pick up in the late rounds. This is the draft we need to go all in.

Edited by CPF4LIFE

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You can look at Corral from the eye test and tell he just doesn't have the talent to be a starter in this league.

What is Corral particularly great at?

Rpo, rolling out, throwing on the run with accuracy, great zip on his ball, tight spiral almost bounces off his hands much like Cam, very quick release, very mobile, runs with great vision much like a RB, very good accuracy on fade routes, damn good, he was the only QB in camp to swish that drill twice.

Only thing was they've always said he needed more than 212lbs on his 6'2" frame the way he runs and creates contact in the open field.

YOU choose not to see what's been before everyones eyes.

He was Matt Corral BEFORE the NFL or the Panthers came knocking, and they did knock, before the draft.

Stop hating. Show a Panther love.

I'm really starting not to care about the debate part of it, and it may partly be my fault but I don't understand how so called Panther fans could launch a campaign of hate on a guy just trying to make it. A guy who desperately wants to be your QB. A guy who NEVER got a chance to play or practice with his actual NFL peers, left to be ridiculed and judge for a rag tag couple snaps with future car salesmen, not NFL players.

Give the man a damn break and let's give him the benefit of the doubt and if you're a real Panthers fan some f'n support for a QB they feel like they stole who hasn't played a damn snap in the NFL.

Let him play. IF HE SUCKS. I'll be the first to say so. If he doesn't and he's actually Matt Corral, older, stronger, heavier, wiser, 2ND year player and better than college:-) we're in a Pete Carroll, Russell Wilson situation with enough cap left from Corrals reasonable contract to pay stars around him.

Yeah, we all want that first rounder but they can become a financial albatross come contract time. Exactly why Tepper didn't want to touch Cams new contract id assume. So either you pay or they walk or they just end up like Sam or Baker or Zack or Blaine Gabbert.

4 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'm really starting not to care about the debate part of it, and it may partly be my fault but I don't understand how so called Panther fans could launch a campaign of hate on a guy just trying to make it. A guy who desperately wants to be your QB. A guy who NEVER got a chance to play or practice with his actual NFL peers, left to be ridiculed and judge for a rag tag couple snaps with future car salesmen, not NFL players.

Give the man a damn break and let's give him the benefit of the doubt and if you're a real Panthers fan some f'n support for a QB they feel like they stole who hasn't played a damn snap in the NFL.

Let him play. IF HE SUCKS. I'll be the first to say so. If he doesn't and he's actually Matt Corral, older, stronger, heavier, wiser, 2ND year player and better than college:-) we're in a Pete Carroll, Russell Wilson situation with enough cap left from Corrals reasonable contract to pay stars around him.

Yeah, we all want that first rounder but they can become a financial albatross come contract time. Exactly why Tepper didn't want to touch Cams new contract id assume. So either you pay or they walk or they just end up like Sam or Baker or Zack or Blaine Gabbert.

Your delusional don’t compare Wilson and Corral. Tony Pike should have been Tom Brady going off draft position. And Cam was cooked that’s why he was let go 

1 minute ago, Aussie Tank said:

Your delusional don’t compare Wilson and Corral. Tony Pike should have been Tom Brady going off draft position. And Cam was cooked that’s why he was let go 

Let go to play for the Patriots. Half the QBs in the league would love to be "cooked" if it means getting two more jobs after you were incorrectly branded as "shot" or "cooked". False. 

You're jumping the gun hot rod. Nobody here has seen Corral play with a NFL line yet. Did YOU somehow witness such a thing in your own delusion?

You Are Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

26 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Let go to play for the Patriots. Half the QBs in the league would love to be "cooked" if it means getting two more jobs after you were incorrectly branded as "shot" or "cooked". False. 

You're jumping the gun hot rod. Nobody here has seen Corral play with a NFL line yet. Did YOU somehow witness such a thing in your own delusion?

/cdn-cgi/mirage/fca5f8343d5e151eec9f086213a99e9631041342c38fd104d3f1df356d4f8a92/1280/https://media1.giphy.com/media/s1KJP7fru4Ogjn7LKA/200.gif

Use your brain what is more likely Corral is a 3rd round outlier that will be a franchise QB or he’s just another project QB dart throw. And as a team they need to go down the more logical choice