• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB that is right in front of us

tarheelfan23

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I lean towards AR with all the extra picks, but there is definitely an argument to be made for Stroud.  I will be happy either way.

Sorry Id rather have the QB position secured .. Rather then a ? At QB, YGM, TMJ and Tremble..

16 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Sorry Id rather have the QB position secured .. Rather then a ? At QB, YGM, TMJ and Tremble..

None of those were first round picks??  Plus not all of the same crew will be drafting these next few years.  You could also argue that Stroud is a ? as well as most QBs drafted.  

18 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

People want to relive the Cam Era sooooo bad they are willing to draft a guy who is nowhere NEAR the talent Cam was. It's crazy. Richardson may not even end up as good as PJ lol.

Why are you comparing him to Cam?  I've heard some Josh Allen vibes with as raw as he is plus his athletic ability.  Cam was a pretty solid passer right out of college.  Didn't he have like 4000 passing yards his rookie year?  No one is expecting that from Richardson.  

I threw his name out there because he will probably be the 4th QB with Young, Stroud, and Levis off the board before we pick.  

• Flames 1

32 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you're just talking about a bridge guy, and one who knows Reich's system, it's not a bad idea.

At this point, screw bringing in yet another 'bridge guy'. Bridge to what exactly? And the whole 'knows the system's thing is overrated when the QB is very limited anyway, the OC is likely to be different, and it's been years since they were together . I know it's more complicated than that but damn, a signing like Brissett would be incredibly bland and pointless, just like the last one.

Edited by KSpan

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

At this point, screw bringing in yet another 'bridge guy'. Bridge to what exactly? And the whole 'knows the system's thing is overrated when the QB is very limited anyway and his . I know it's more complicated than that but damn, a signing like Brissett would be incredibly bland and pointless, just like the last one.

No one is expecting him to be our franchise QB.  Just a place holder for until our rookie is ready.  It could be a game or two or it could be a year.  That would be for Reich to decide whenever he thinks the rookie is ready.  You aren't going to find a much better QB for that job than Brissett.

I am betting Cam has all Panther related numbers blocked, I wouldn't trust David Tepper ever again if I was Cam 

And I miss Superman to, but he has hung up his cape for good , time to move on , Tepper should not have outright cut him initially just because he was a Richardson player, or allowed Fat Fool to , without even discussing it with Cam, he said he wanted to 100% remain a Panther when tepper took over , but they just dropped him like a bad habit, for Teddy B because he was able to run Drew Brees's offense for a few games, since Cam was cut the first time we have been lost at the QB position, and if our all knowing owner hadn't treated him like poo, he might be more interested in helping us build our future

Edited by Day1PanthersFan

Richardson has some significant mechanical concerns around his footwork.  It shows up in his accuracy numbers.  Those are major red flags for Reich, he clearly wants someone who can win from the pocket and values accuracy very highly.

If I were Richardson's agent, I'd advise him to stay in school another year and put heavy emphasis on fixing his mechanical issues.  He's going to bust in the NFL if he can't get his accuracy right, and it's all tied to his footwork.

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

No one is expecting him to be our franchise QB.  Just a place holder for until our rookie is ready.  It could be a game or two or it could be a year.  That would be for Reich to decide whenever he thinks the rookie is ready.  You aren't going to find a much better QB for that job than Brissett.

Again, place holder how? For what? Brissett is 18-30 as a starter, including 11-19 in 'Reich's system'. I just don't see the point in wasting time when you could plop any warm body out there with some unknown characteristics and do the same thing.

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

Again, place holder how? For what? Brissett is 18-30 as a starter, including 11-19 in 'Reich's system'. I just don't see the point in wasting time when you could plop any warm body out there with some unknown characteristics and do the same thing.

He has a career QB rating of 84.4 with around 61% completions.  He is average but is more than capable of sitting back and being a game manager.  Who do you want to start if we draft someone like Richardson or Levis who needs time?  You aren't going to sign some QB with a win percentage of 75% because those aren't available, especially not for cheap.