• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article: Kyle Shanahan doesn’t see “any scenario” where Jimmy Garoppolo returns

WarPanthers89

Jimmy Garoppolo is the 6th best active QB in playoff wins.

Rodgers, Mahomes, Flacco, Wilson, Burrow, Garoppolo, Foles, Stafford, Allen, Ryan are the top 10 active QBs in playoff experience.

This is what Reich means by stability. 2 of his preferred QBs are on on this list. Expect him to favor these QBs if they are available. Jimmy G would go to the top of Reich's list when he becomes available.

Luck and Rivers were in the top 10 before they retired. Be ready for a QB room with the likes of Flacco, Garoppolo, and Foles.

1 minute ago, CPantherKing said:

Jimmy Garoppolo is the 6th best active QB in playoff wins.

Rodgers, Mahomes, Flacco, Wilson, Burrow, Garoppolo, Foles, Stafford, Allen, Ryan are the top 10 active QBs in playoff experience.

This is what Reich means by stability. 2 of his preferred QBs are on on this list. Expect him to favor these QBs if they are available. Jimmy G would go to the top of Reich's list when he becomes available.

Luck and Rivers were in the top 10 before they retired. Be ready for a QB room with the likes of Flacco, Garoppolo, and Foles.

He specifically said he wants a "tough" qb.  Jimmy G is probably the least toughest qb in the nfl

20 hours ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

If they let Sam and PJ walk, I could see a scenario where we have Jimmy G as the FA QB, Corral, and draft a rookie QB. 

What a terrifying future - surely you don't hire QB whisperer Reich over younger, more dynamic options to saddle him with a terrible journeyman QB?

20 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I know we desperately want to..as do most us fans but we have a ton of teams ahead of us needing a QB and it may not play out that way. I don’t think I would be upset if we used our 6 picks in the first 4 rounds to get WR, TE, LB, DE, DT, and or C/G help (for Corbett injury) to go along with Jimmy. I think we easily won the division with that combo of the rookie QB does not pan out

Mr Irrelevant has come in and the 49ers offence hasn't missed a beat. If that's not a damning indictment of Garoppolo I don't know what is. 

I'm fine with spending our Draft picks on non-QBs if we bring in Carr on a reasonable 3 year deal. But then I'm not in the "QB or bust for the Draft" think tank.