• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DC search rebooting?

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's no evidence Fitterer wants to control Reich's staff.

They're both actually known to be very easy going guys who work well with others.

I didn't way there was, but he might have wanted to if we would have hired a rookie coach.  Like one of the "hot" OCs.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: Mike Klis thinks Kris Richard might be reuniting with Sean Payton

Makes sense. Could also potentially explain why the Saints let him go.

If that’s the case, I hope Evero will get consideration by Reich and co. He’s young defensive coach and rising  star we interviewed earlier.  Credited for being a steadying influence during an otherwise tumultuous Broncos season and coached under Fangio when he was in Denver. 

• Pie 2

I still think we end up with Gus.  We haven’t interviewed him because he’s under contract with the Colts.

The Colts HC job sounds like if it’s not going to be Jeff Saturday, could end up being one of these DC’s they’ve interviewed.  If that’s the case, don’t think Gus will be retained there.

I’d love to go after Evero in Denver.  Don’t think Payton retains him and goes after his guy.

Evero is a dam good coach and had HC interviews (believe even here).  He just doesn’t have any connections to Reich or Fitty.  But if they claim to want to get the best and not call you their buddies.  He should be up at the top of the list behind Fangio 

• Pie 5

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Coaches hire their coordinators in a normal NFL environment. It's idiotic to interview guys for coordinator positions before you hire a head coach. Period.

It's becoming more normal for the GM to handle staff now. A few teams have hired coordinators first and made the HC work with them. 

I'm 100% positive it was a requirement for the Panthers hiring panel to have coordinator input for any new HC. 

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Not sure why ownership reportedly was against Gus Bradley. I wouldn’t mind it.

Would be nice to go get Evero if he doesn’t land a HC role. 

Really don’t want Manuel

I personally haven't been very impressed by what he's done recently, seems to be riding on his Seahawks reputation a bit.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I personally haven't been very impressed by what he's done recently, seems to be riding on his Seahawks reputation a bit.

Talking to colts fans.  They like him better than the previous DC he had there.  And that guy got a HC gig fwiw 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It doesn't do poo other than make it awkward for a HC to hire the guys that HE wants to hire. You shouldn't be hiring a guy at HC if you think he needs help choosing his coordinators. It's just dumb. If you think a guy can't handle hiring his own coordinators then he should NOT be your HC.

What if the coach was okay with it? He may have been on board with it from the beginning.  Hell he could have mentioned it in his first interview.  Let's see how it plays out before we say it's a bad idea.

16 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Talking to colts fans.  They like him better than the previous DC he had there.  And that guy got a HC gig fwiw 

Yeah that's interesting. I feel like recently I just remember him for the Chargers defensive decline and then jumping to a few different coaches that got fired the year he got there. That and I know his defenses generally don't generate a ton of turnovers. I do think his system would be a natural fit and would work with the players we have though.

End of the day I'm just happy we have our Offensive System in place and I'll be open minded to whoever we end up with as DC.

Edited by stan786
  • Pie 1