• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer.... let's grade his drafts and FA signings

TheBigKat

He has himself a group of fans here who will absolve him of most if not all blame for our failures just like Matt Rhule did. Some people still haven't learned. Removing the homer shades it's a mixed bag at best there's good and definitely some bad. He has to nail this next QB move and he knows it. I hope he does and I won't have much if any criticism for the man.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 2

Definitely has made some good moves, and the bad ones thus far haven't seemed to set the franchise back any significant amount of time (unless the stickler meeseeks want to forecast what they think a Brian Burns trade would have resulted in).

Not the biggest fan of the Sam Darnold trade, but it's hard to look at some of the moves made and not smell Matt Rhule wafting from them.

Edited by Icege

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm not so sure Gilmore was about making a playoff run vs teaching the young CB room things that coaches just can't. I remember listening to an interview with him talking about how there's things he shows the other guys regarding body language, hand movement, eyes, shifts in body weight, anticipating breaks etc. during a play. He was saying coaches can tell you about it, but there's things that you don't see unless you're doing it with some of these receivers. The way he spoke led me to believe that might have been part of the reason he was here. Having a player of his caliber showing them these little things would be worth it if he could take 2-3 years off their development would easily be worth a 6th rd pick. 

Not worth a 6th rounder for that.  Not sure it worked.

But don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things that Fitt has done that I've liked. I'm not anti Fitterer.  I do think this year will define him though.

Edited by TheMaulClaw

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Person and others have reported that behind the scenes, If someone didn't agree to what Rhule wanted he'd basically badger them until they relented.

He could have just overruled them but doing it this way he got to say "See? They agree with me".

It's a very common trait of horrible, overbearing managers everywhere.

If Fitty is good enough for Dan Morgan he’s good enough for me.

2 hours ago, frankw said:

He has himself a group of fans here who will absolve him of most if not all blame for our failures just like Matt Rhule did. Some people still haven't learned. Removing the homer shades it's a mixed bag at best there's good and definitely some bad. He has to nail this next QB move and he knows it. I hope he does and I won't have much if any criticism for the man.

Well, it balances pretty well with the people who just want to b-tch about everything whether there's any actual reason to or not 😆

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, it balances pretty well with the people who just want to b-tch about everything whether there's any actual reason to or not 😆

That's what happens when a team has not been in the postseason in over five years. In terms of complaints people bitched about Marty Hurney for years they bitched about Rivera they bitched about Gettleman they bitched about John Fox yada yada yada. This isn't something new. But Scott Fitterer can change the overall mood quickly if he is as competent as some folks have hyped him to be. Hopefully he is.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

That's what happens when a team has not been in the postseason in over five years. In terms of complaints people bitched about Marty Hurney for years they bitched about Rivera they bitched about Gettleman they bitched about John Fox yada yada yada. This isn't something new. But Scott Fitterer can change the overall mood quickly if he is as competent as some folks have hyped him to be. Hopefully he is.

There were reasons to b-tch about every one of those guys. Fitterer is still largely an unknown.

My personal opinion is that he's going to be good, but at this point there's no guarantee.

Finding justification to fire him though would have been a stretch.