• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The QB School : Breaking down AR and Levis

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've been driving the year to AR, no to Levis train for awhile now.

If we pick Levis I'll just hope I'm wrong and root like hell for him.

I also hope we don't pick Levis BUT if we do I'll just remember how stupid I thought the Bills were for picking Josh Allen. Or the Ravens for Lamar. NFL QBs are such a crap shoot

• Pie 5

The irony is that both of them are a bit similar in that they are high ceiling guys in regard to physical tools.  You have to ask why the production didn't always line up with the tools though.  In AR's case his accuracy is really bad, but with age and lack of playing time of the position there is some hope there for improvement.  With Levis you have to ask why he struggled at times?  Can you blame it on the team around him, is it stuff he can still improve at this age?

If all things were equal I would probably take AR at 9.  If you going to gamble lets swing for the fences.  Personally, I don't think both will be there at 9, I think if we stay put the board will dictate who we draft.  

I think the real question for the FO will be do you trade the farm to move up to 1-2 to make sure you get your guy or stay put and be ok with whoever is left of the 4.  I'm leaning towards maybe staying put.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

I’ve really warmed up to the idea of ARich at 9.  Especially considering our staff and what it’s projecting to look like. I feel comfortable with a guy with elite tools like Richardson being coached by these guys.

Taking a guy with a 54% career pass completion percentage is... bold.

That said I'd prefer that at #9 than trading multiple first round picks to move up for Stroud / Young.

• Pie 4

20 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

That said I'd prefer that at #9 than trading multiple first round picks to move up for Stroud / Young.

Probably same feel of thinking as Buffalo had with their QB who has a 56% career pass completion at Wyoming.

They see the tools and traits along with something on film that pops that they like and think they could mold 

19 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

So you’re good with just throwing a top 10 pick away?

AR working out in the pros is a long shot. 95% confident he busts. Poor accuracy and not enough time at the position.

No way Frank AND Fitts hitch their wagon to that.

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, Tbe said:

So you’re good with just throwing a top 10 pick away?

AR working out in the pros is a long shot. 95% confident he busts. Poor accuracy and not enough time at the position.

No way Frank AND Fitts hitch their wagon to that.

The Bust potential is just as high (possibly higher) for CJ Stroud. Ohio State has never has a QB from their school even make a Pro Bowl in almost 70 years. Yet, a lot of people are so enamored with him that they believe we should give away multiple high draft picks in multiple years to move up to the #1 or #2 spot in the draft.

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

The Bust potential is just as high (possibly higher) for CJ Stroud. Ohio State has never has a QB from their school even make a Pro Bowl in almost 70 years. Yet, a lot of people are so enamored with him that they believe we should give away multiple high draft picks in multiple years to move up to the #1 or #2 spot in the draft.

And that’s why you never scout the Helmet and scout the player.

Texas Tech and LSU had a Amazing history with NFL QBs before the 2 guys in the NFL now did they?  

• Pie 5