• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The QB School : Breaking down AR and Levis

Problem with bad footwork is that when under pressure almost all of them revert back to it.  Cam was that way.  Being able to rely on elite athleticism and not their arm and sound mechanics is hard to turn around.  I am not sure their is a franchise QB in this draft and if there is I don't think it is someone being thrown around at the top of the draft.  It will be some late round late bloomer type. 

31 minutes ago, Barney said:

Problem with bad footwork is that when under pressure almost all of them revert back to it.  Cam was that way.  Being able to rely on elite athleticism and not their arm and sound mechanics is hard to turn around.

Let's take a moment to be honest.  We never really spent a bunch of time trying to develop Cam.  We let Cam be Cam and tweaked a few things.  Cam said the first time he ever had to learn to identify the Mike linebacker was in New England.  Then he said New England was one of only a couple of teams in the entire league that tasks their QB with that job, which was the kind of stuff that made his learning curve with the Patriots so steep.  WTF?  He literally said that.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

then we will get an awesome DL or WR

Go DL/WR at 9 or trade back and do the same thing, grab Hooker with one of our 2nds. Worth the gamble. Worst case he's a solid backup QB for years. He technically checks all the boxes for what Reich is looking for in a qb. 

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, Riverboat Ron said:

What if all 4 are gone by #9?

I can see a scenario where Stroud, Young and Levis are all gone by the time Vegas picks. Everyone knows Carolina is looking for a QB and if only one is left, I could see another QB-hungry team jump us to get the last of the 'big 4'. 

It's a win-win for ATL at 8....gain assets and keep your I-85 rival away from landing their QB1. 

If we want a QB, I think we're going to have to get up to 6 at the least. Vegas and ATL lurking with Jets, Bucs and potentially Seattle's second FRP behind us.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, amcoolio said:

I'm not particularly impressed with either. I'd rather trade for Justin Fields than take either of these two, and I didn't like Fields during that draft either. Certainly not AR at 9, it would have to be a trade down and "oh look, he's still there" type of scenario

I’m on board with you. It just screams desperation, which rarely works out. If we can trade down just a tad and get another 2nd round pick then maybe take AR or Hooker we would then have three 2nd round picks to pick the best young quality players available. 

• Beer 1

I am still toying with the idea of re-signing Darnold and letting Corral compete with him for 2023.  Not ideal, I get it.  Draft Hooker in round 3 (hopefully)--let him rehab for most of 2023.  I still wonder if Reich can get something out of Darnold--folks, you all act like you know NFL QB play--but you really don't.  Darnold is 25 and was showing some degree of improvement.  Give him a TE and he is better.

Let Hooker and Corral compete for the QB job in 2024 if Darnold does not work out.

You save your draft pick (first rounder) this way.

I am just not sold on Levis and AR.  I would like to be--but if Hooker was younger and healthy, would he not be ahead of both?

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I am still toying with the idea of re-signing Darnold and letting Corral compete with him for 2023.  Not ideal, I get it.  Draft Hooker in round 3 (hopefully)--let him rehab for most of 2023.  I still wonder if Reich can get something out of Darnold--folks, you all act like you know NFL QB play--but you really don't.  Darnold is 25 and was showing some degree of improvement.  Give him a TE and he is better.

Let Hooker and Corral compete for the QB job in 2024 if Darnold does not work out.

You save your draft pick (first rounder) this way.

I am just not sold on Levis and AR.  I would like to be--but if Hooker was younger and healthy, would he not be ahead of both?

I’d much rather Carr if we don’t draft a QB in the first 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, SZ James (banned) said:

Summary for those that don't want to watch an hour of this?:

Much more complimentary of AR than Levis. Basically poo’d on Levis the whole video, occasionally chalking his poor throws up to potential injuries or wind. 

AR showed more creativity and quick-twitch ability, but his footwork in the pocket needs grooming. He often hitches or brings his feet too close together before throws. 

There is no comparison in watching those two videos and then watching Bryce Young’s. He simply knows how to play the position much better than the others, and he also has improvisation skills that will change games. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Much more complimentary of AR than Levis. Basically poo’d on Levis the whole video, occasionally chalking his poor throws up to potential injuries or wind. 

AR showed more creativity and quick-twitch ability, but his footwork in the pocket needs grooming. He often hitches or brings his feet too close together before throws. 

There is no comparison in watching those two videos and then watching Bryce Young’s. He simply knows how to play the position much better than the others, and he also has improvisation skills that will change games. 

Easy you're gonna upset the Levis truthers

• Pie 1