• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The QB School : Breaking down AR and Levis

3 hours ago, heel31ok said:

The only negative is cost...if he took a cut we take him in a heartbeat.

Well he obviously isn't going to do that and he will have at least a few other teams looking at him. Beyond that the QB position is one where contracts are only going to continue to balloon. The only affordable ones are either on rookie deals or they are backup tier. This is the league now people need to accept it. We have to draft and build around one.

33 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well he obviously isn't going to do that and he will have at least a few other teams looking at him. Beyond that the QB position is one where contracts are only going to continue to balloon. The only affordable ones are either on rookie deals or they are backup tier. This is the league now people need to accept it. We have to draft and build around one.

Yeah he's not playing for less than $30M even if he gets cut and then signs a new deal. Cap hit might not be high the first year but he's gonna get paid eventually. Then we cut him in 2-3 years and start the QB search all over again

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

To this point, I wonder if Reich hires Patullo or Johnson from Philly if they would be of this opinion too.

Posting a draft writeup from Zierlein for a recent 2nd round QB that is on the brink of a SB ring. AR is taller and more built for the weekly rigors of the NFL too….

B0CC6EE2-ED51-4ED8-AE27-8F93D0F8191C.thumb.jpeg.fd0ecfda0c6e30cecbea7be2194c5eb6.jpeg

On 2/2/2023 at 11:22 AM, Riverboat Ron said:

What if all 4 are gone by #9?

Depending on what free agency does to the top 8, It could happen--

Houston and Indy are locks to grab a QB.  Vegas and Atlanta as well. 

I think Atlanta, unless they liked Ridder (I have no idea), will not pass on a QB in the top 10 again this year.

I think the PANTHERS will be very aggressive

43 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Depending on what free agency does to the top 8, It could happen--

Houston and Indy are locks to grab a QB.  Vegas and Atlanta as well. 

I think Atlanta, unless they liked Ridder (I have no idea), will not pass on a QB in the top 10 again this year.

I think the PANTHERS will be very aggressive

4 qbs drafted in the top 10 has happened twice in 25 years.   Someone always drops.  

• Pie 1

First Pick:  Based on the draft order, team needs, etc.  I think it is possible that the Colts trade up to #1 with the Bears.  They will offer C Ryan Kelly (Bears need OL help now) or DL Deforest Buckner and their 2023 first, 2023 second and next year's 2024 second to the Bears, imo.  I do not think the ponies will trade up unless they want Young or Stroud, probably Young, the most "ready to start" QB in the draft.

Second Pick: Houston is also going after a QB.  I think the Texans take Young if there is no movement, but the Bears will be making a deal.  With that in mind, I expect Stroud will be a Texan

Third Pick:  Duh. Arizona should take the best player in the draft--Will Anderson. Edge  Bama

Fourth Pick: Chicago knows they can trade back to #4 and get the second-best non-QB on the board--a DL from Georgia seems logical. Jalen Carter, DT Dawgs.  If they trade back again, they could target an OT--fourth is high for a DT, but this one is worth it.

Fifth Pick: Seattle probably stays put, unless a team thinks Detroit wants a QB.  They could use and Edge, and Myles Murphy (Clemson) and Tyree Wilson (TxTech) are a toss up.  Either one.  I will go with Murphy, DE to the Hawks. However, the Raiders or the Falcons could move up, sensing the Panthers will be going after Levis--and then they take Levis.  Drama.

Sixth Pick: Why would the Lions not like QB Goff?  CB is their biggest need, and I would not be surprised to see them trade out of #6 and still get the best CB in the draft.  If a team loves Levis, this is what happens--a team moves up for Will Levis.  That team is the Carolina Panthers.  The Panthers send the #9 pick, the #60 pick in round 2 (from SF) to Detroit.  Not a bad trade for either team.

If the Colts stay at #4, it means they are targeting Levis.

Edited by MHS831