• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitty interview with Kunkel

ncfan

31 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Who can we afford in free agency?

we will have over $40 mill in cap space with the most basic of moves and still have over $80-$90 mill in cap space in 2024. That's enough to resign Bozeman, get a CB like Byron Murphy or Sean Murphy-Bunting or Chauncy Gardner-Johnson, a Safety like Donovan Wilson which allows us to put Chinn back at Linebacker and kill two birds with one stone, and a TE like Mike Gesicki or Dalton Shultz. We would still need an edge but I didn't see one that I loved in the list of free agents I saw outside of Marcus Davenport and I don't know about him anymore since he only got half a sack last season.

Edited by thunderraiden
  • Pie 8
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Who can we afford in free agency?

doesn't look great now but have to assume we drop or at min restructure Shaq, he's 10% of our cap alone. CMC is 8% dead. Signing Burns should help. Moton and DJ are our other 2 big hits and I imagine we keep them the same, but Fitt is basically saying they think our time is now so maybe they restructure those too. If we get a rookie QB who we think is ready to come in day 1, I could see us clearing up some space to go get a couple big names in free agency. 

Cap is also going up $16M this year. We should be able to get to $50M fairly easily without mortgaging the future. If we REALLY get aggressive $70M is doable. 

Edited by jb2288
  • Pie 2

27 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

we will have over $40 mill in cap space with the most basic of moves and still have over $80-$90 mill in cap space in 2024. That's enough to resign Bozeman, get a CB like Byron Murphy or Sean Murphy-Bunting or Chauncy Gardner-Johnson, a Safety like Donovan Wilson which allows us to put Chinn back at Linebacker and kill two birds with one stone, and a TE like Mike Gesicki or Dalton Shultz. We would still need an edge but I didn't see one that I loved in the list of free agents I saw outside of Marcus Davenport and I don't know about him anymore since he only got half a sack last season.

Yannick is the guy we should target! I agree with everything  else too!

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Please one of the top CBs. Jamel Dean, Byron Murphy, or Bradberry. All three would make excellent #2's to Horn and move Dante to the slot where he needs to be.

If only Carolina had somebody like Bradberry on the roster in years past.

• Pie 2

Very interesting...

Kunkel: "I think it's fair to say years ago you would just pluck any talent, like, this roster needed any talent anywhere. Now is it fair to say that you can pluck specific guys for specific positions because you're kind of fine tuning now?"

Fitterer: "There's always certain value to a player at the position, but at this point, um, if you know you can move back and maybe pick up a receiver or a linebacker, you can do that. Or if you want to take the picks that you have and move up, you know, and take a quarterback, you can do that. So we're in a position, we're flexible. Uh, we haven't started the process yet of free agency or the draft. Our scouts have been getting all of the information, uh, you know over the next couple of weeks and we'll start building that board and developing a plan."

@Ivan The Awesome Anything you notice body language wise during that part? I remember the CJ Henderson write up that you did. I thought it seemed to lean towards trading back and acquiring pieces. 👀

2 minutes ago, Icege said:

Very interesting...

Kunkel: "I think it's fair to say years ago you would just pluck any talent, like, this roster needed any talent anywhere. Now is it fair to say that you can pluck specific guys for specific positions because you're kind of fine tuning now?"

Fitterer: "There's always certain value to a player at the position, but at this point, um, if you know you can move back and maybe pick up a receiver or a linebacker, you can do that. Or if you want to take the picks that you have and move up, you know, and take a quarterback, you can do that. So we're in a position, we're flexible. Uh, we haven't started the process yet of free agency or the draft. Our scouts have been getting all of the information, uh, you know over the next couple of weeks and we'll start building that board and developing a plan."

@Ivan The Awesome Anything you notice body language wise during that part? I remember the CJ Henderson write up that you did. I thought it seemed to lean towards trading back and acquiring pieces. 👀

He's throwing every available option out there to not paint himself in a corner.  He's not only keeping the fans guessing but every other team as well.  This is a chess match man.

• Pie 4