• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitty interview with Kunkel

ncfan

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

He's throwing every available option out there to not paint himself in a corner.  He's not only keeping the fans guessing but every other team as well.  This is a chess match man.

No doubt, but it's fun to read the tea leaves sometimes. Even if they're just making tea. 😛

Just now, AU-panther said:

Know how I know I don't care you know.

Doesn't change the fact of what i said.  Since Tepper has been here we've made some stupid short term moves.

"We should do this!"

"Yeah, he said that."

"I didn't listen to the interview!"

Mind you, I've had that same interaction with you in regard to stories, articles, analyses, etc.

And now here you are defending that you don't need to educate yourself on something to make big bold statements about it.

Wow 😆

full

For those who actually did listen, Fitterer's comments about the coaching search interested me.

He talked about Tepper being involved and played up his questions he asked, but also indicated that he and Morgan were basically the point men in the search process.

That effectively ties him to Reich.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3

I think overall Fitterer has done a good job. I really wish we would have resigned Reddick but I don't know what all went into that decision (i.e. having cap space for Watson).

The roster is in much better shape than when he took over.

Also, outside of Atlanta, our cap situation looks tremendous compared to the Bucs and especially the Saints. No worries there

I also think that Fitterer will have a more clearly defined role with Reich (more like a traditional GM) which will be better than under Rhule.

Edited by Seltzer
  • Pie 1

21 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Yet the mases were "Fitterer is a yes man"

On the "yes man" label I mean for lack of a better or nicer way of putting it. He was. He took the job knowing Rhule had final say. Me or you might have done the same thing if we felt it would open more doors for our career as a way to get a foot in. But that's what Scott chose to do. Those criticisms come with the territory. Now he's the Boss Hogg. No more college coaches to blame if things don't work out and if he strikes gold he reaps the praise.