• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Even if we trade up to #1....

tarheelfan23

36 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don't think we should take AR at 1, but the running QBs in the postseason talk is very dated.  We have Hurts (who is probably the 2nd/3rd best runner out of all of the QBs in the NFL) and Mahomes (who can run we needed) in the Super Bowl this year.  Cam took us to the big game which involved several post season wins.  Russ Wilson was running pretty often when they won the Super Bowl.  

The thought on AR is fixing his footwork and making him a QB with a cannon who can also beat you with his legs when needed.  

Running QBs can't throw.

Multiple people have tried to explain this to you.

A QB that can beat you from the pocket but can run when he wants is not a running QB. He is a mobile QB.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Wolfcop said:

I like AR, but sounds like he will be available at 9 unless he blows the socks off GMs in the next few months. 

I fully expect him to.  His combine, pro day and interviews are going to hypnotize some GMs.  that said I still think he "falls" to 9.  I really dont want to trade up unless Stroud is not the top pick

28 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Running QBs can't throw.

Multiple people have tried to explain this to you.

A QB that can beat you from the pocket but can run when he wants is not a running QB. He is a mobile QB.

Yeah you have had to move “running” QB into such a tight window it’s stupid. It’s basically Vick (who actually could throw with the Eagles), and The Golden Calf of Bristol who was just a bust at the position. I’m looking at the top 3 QBs in the league with rushing yards and one of them is in the Super Bowl. 

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Whoa whoa whoa. Fields is trending downward and has failed to cash in on his upside. Why are you salivating over another potential Sam, Baker, failed QB?

I'd rather bank on Levis or Richardson reaching their potential rather than someone who has had their chance and failed to take advantage.

Yikes!

4 hours ago, tarheelfan23 said:

....I want AR15 all day..... he has the size, the arm talent and the running ability.  

this is it...anyone else with me?

I'd take Anthony Richardson. I don't care to trade away our future for any QB's available. If it was Trevor Lawrence or Joe Burrow...sure. but there is no guy like that here.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I'd take Anthony Richardson. I don't care to trade away our future for any QB's available. If it was Trevor Lawrence or Joe Burrow...sure. but there is no guy like that here.

You would draft a QB in the 1st? Aren’t you the guy always rambling about how later round QBs are more successful??

5 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Bingo. Let the chips fall as they may and we probably end up with AR, unless LV falls in love with crazy measurables and we end up with Levis. Which wouldn’t be a bad thing either. It can only go well if they don’t get jumpy.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah you have had to move “running” QB into such a tight window it’s stupid. It’s basically Vick (who actually could throw with the Eagles), and The Golden Calf of Bristol who was just a bust at the position. I’m looking at the top 3 QBs in the league with rushing yards and one of them is in the Super Bowl. 

You can throw fields in there and Lamar barely escapes the definition 

9 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

You can throw fields in there and Lamar barely escapes the definition 

The funny thing is your dumb argument started with “pocket passers” win Super Bowls. Then it got destroyed then you changed it quite a bit since then.

Your argument now is QBs that can’t throw don’t win championships. Well no poo. Thanks for that groundbreaking thought. QBs that can’t throw typically don’t last in the league. No one is wanting to draft AR thinking he will only run. His arm talent is what makes him such a high ceiling prospect. 

Fun fact, Hurts scored his 15th rushing (that means running btw) TD of the year passing Cam’s previous record of 14. If your QB can run, it’s quite an advantage and many teams are wanting QBs than can now.

30 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

Bingo. Let the chips fall as they may and we probably end up with AR, unless LV falls in love with crazy measurables and we end up with Levis. Which wouldn’t be a bad thing either. It can only go well if they don’t get jumpy.

Stroud and Young will be gone. Houston, Indianapolis, and Las Vegas, and maybe dark horse Atlanta will probably clean the board before we get there. Even if they don’t I can see Washington trying to trade into a spot ahead of us. Can we trade future picks to move up? Maybe, but so can others. I don’t see Baltimore letting Lamar getting away. Carr is a big expensive question mark. No way to Garrapolo, he stays injured and cost too much. Unless we have a friendly trading partner that will allow us to move up to one of the top 2 quarterbacks I would vote for drafting Richardson or Levi’s and developing them and seeing what we have in Corral. Many have written him off too soon. If we get a bonafide tight end out of this draft it will be a win. Greg Olsen would have helped Sam Darnold tremendously. We need more than a quarterback. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

Stroud and Young will be gone. Houston, Indianapolis, and Las Vegas, and maybe dark horse Atlanta will probably clean the board before we get there. Even if they don’t I can see Washington trying to trade into a spot ahead of us. Can we trade future picks to move up? Maybe, but so can others. I don’t see Baltimore letting Lamar getting away. Carr is a big expensive question mark. No way to Garrapolo, he stays injured and cost too much. Unless we have a friendly trading partner that will allow us to move up to one of the top 2 quarterbacks I would vote for drafting Richardson or Levi’s and developing them and seeing what we have in Corral. Many have written him off too soon. If we get a bonafide tight end out of this draft it will be a win. Greg Olsen would have helped Sam Darnold tremendously. We need more than a quarterback. 

I agree, I just don’t hope we panic and sell for farm for something we don’t have to.

• Pie 1