• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Even if we trade up to #1....

tarheelfan23

38 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The funny thing is your dumb argument started with “pocket passers” win Super Bowls. Then it got destroyed then you changed it quite a bit since then.

Your argument now is QBs that can’t throw don’t win championships. Well no poo. Thanks for that groundbreaking thought. QBs that can’t throw typically don’t last in the league. No one is wanting to draft AR thinking he will only run. His arm talent is what makes him such a high ceiling prospect. 

Fun fact, Hurts scored his 15th rushing (that means running btw) TD of the year passing Cam’s previous record of 14. If your QB can run, it’s quite an advantage and many teams are wanting QBs than can now.

I said the same phucking thing our coach said.

That you have to be able to win from the pocket.

Not that only Statues win Superbowls.

FFS reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Fields, Vick, The Golden Calf of Bristol, etc can't win from the pocket.

33 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

That's the thing tho, you won't need to trade up to get him, hell you could probably trade DOWN and still get him. 

This. We would look smart as hell if we take a top WR, CB or LB at 1.09, then leverage the second rounders to come back up into the 1st and grab AR or other falling QB.  

Could see AR being the guy who falls in this draft.

RE: OP - I think we will look dumb as hell if we trade up and don’t draft Bryce or Stroud.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I said the same phucking thing our coach said.

That you have to be able to win from the pocket.

Not that only Statues win Superbowls.

FFS reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

Fields, Vick, The Golden Calf of Bristol, etc can't win from the pocket.

I’m talking about this original arguments months ago. Pocket passer was your original argument. You have moved and shuffled it to where 1 epic bust, Vick, and now Fields who is still pretty raw an developing fit into running QBs. 
You don’t remember claiming Russ didn’t run that much during his Super Bowl run? 
Regardless everyone agrees a QB has to be able to throw a ball. I’m just glad you have conquer33 your fear of QBs that can run. 
Here is another take as obvious as QBs have to be able to pass. They have to also read defenses. It’s why Sam Darnold will never win a Super Bowl. Darnold, Couch, and possibly Zach Wilson can be added to that category.

• Flames 1

14 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

You can throw fields in there and Lamar barely escapes the definition 

Lamar doesn't escape the definition - he is clearly a running QB.  His career he averages 175 passing yd/gm and rushes 10-12 times.  And he runs primarily an RPO and designed QB run scheme.  His passing accuracy numbers are definitely better than previous running QB's, but his postseason performance shows the same problem - he can run successfully but is forced to use his arm to win and he can't....

• Pie 1

Today's NFL more than ever is about passing QB's - I think mobile QB's like Rogers, Wilson, Murray, Mahomes, Trevor are taking over due to the defenses getting so much faster/better the last decade.  Pocket passers still have significant success, but the running QB still hasn't been able to dominate consistently.  If Hurts wins the SB he will be the first running QB in NFL history to do so....that might be the start of that style being consistent but it won't change the fact that it hasn't before.  The irony is he won't be first because he ran better than the other - it will be because his arm was better - so it is still the QB arm that is most important.  I'll take leadership and an accurate arm over a Wildcat QB all day long.