• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is A.R a smaller C.Newton in the rough?

Jmac

7 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Whatever…another point is these dual threat QBs don’t last very long either.  Cam was robo QB and he broke down so fast.  Lamar is breaking down now.  We need a passer.

Cam was breaking down from hits in the pocket. They have an actual OL for Hurts (which might be missing a few starters). Cam’s best LT was Oher for one year which happens to be the same year he went 15-1 and got us all the way to the big game. Luck retired early because his body was wearing down from lack of OL as well…

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Hang your hat on Jalen Hurts.  That’s fine.  They surrounded him with great weapons and talent.  The NFC is down in terms of QBs this season but that doesn’t mean Hurts is a great player.  He is solid.

You good bro?

Never compared Hurts to Cam. Never said he was a great player.

You seem to be making up your own thoughts as if I said it. Shocker you honestly have me Shocked with your reply.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Cam was breaking down from hits in the pocket. They have an actual OL for Hurts (which might be missing a few starters). Cam’s best LT was Oher for one year which happens to be the same year he went 15-1 and got us all the way to the big game. Luck retired early because his body was wearing down from lack of OL as well…

I will stand by this…AR has a huge bust potential.  Levis isn’t far behind but Levis can pass the ball.  People need to put on a critical eye on ARs passing and stop making excuses and projecting him as something he isn’t.  

Just now, Shocker said:

I will stand by this…AR has a huge bust potential.  Levis isn’t far behind but Levis can pass the ball.  People need to put on a critical eye on ARs passing and stop making excuses and projecting him as something he isn’t.  

Tell it to the analysts? 
Joey Bosa Video GIF

40 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah...

Kinda wish people would stop seeing Newton in every athletic quarterback that comes down the pike.

Chasing "the next whomever" in the draft is all too frequently a waste of time.

Cam was truly a generational talent. Unfortunately, Ron Rivera elected to set back and ride Cam’s coattail rather than elevate the Oline and preserve Cam’s health. What did Ron Rivera ever accomplish as a coach prior to and post Cam Newton? Answer is below average…it’s not a coincidence. 

8 minutes ago, Shocker said:

So Levis can pass the ball, but you said he's not far behind AR in terms of being a bust.

That literally makes no sense!

Show me a QB in NFL history who could pass well but was considered a bust?

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So Levis can pass the ball, but you said he's not far behind AR in terms of being a bust.

That literally makes no sense!

Show me a QB in NFL history who could pass well but was considered a bust?

I said Levis can pass the ball…meaning he has a decent ability to read a defense and deliver the ball accurately.  That doesn’t guarantee anything.  I am not sold he can read an NFL defense and process quickly.  Hence, he can bust as well.  

Stroud and Young are the QBs worth moving crazy assets for but Levis brings more risk IMO.  AR is a crazy risk because you are wanting him to be something he has never shown.  

I would ask is AR even that great a runner?  Feels like Ronald Curry who moved to a skill position later in his career because he couldn’t be accurate.  You are basically running full time wildcat if you are starting AR.

Edited by Shocker

33 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I said Levis can pass the ball…meaning he has a decent ability to read a defense and deliver the ball accurately.  That doesn’t guarantee anything.  I am not sold he can read an NFL defense and process quickly.  Hence, he can bust as well.  

Stroud and Young are the QBs worth moving crazy assets for but Levis brings more risk IMO.  AR is a crazy risk because you are wanting him to be something he has never shown.  

I would ask is AR even that great a runner?  Feels like Ronald Curry who moved to a skill position later in his career because he couldn’t be accurate.  You are basically running full time wildcat if you are starting AR.

AR hype is crazy I agree.

But if it came down to AR or Levis give me the guy with the higher ceiling AR. He has the tools to be a poor mans Cam. With the right coaching I think he can offer a bit more than Levis can.

Saying that I hope that isn't the goal. We really need to try and get Stroud or Young if we can.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

AR hype is crazy I agree.

But if it came down to AR or Levis give me the guy with the higher ceiling AR. He has the tools to be a poor mans Cam. With the right coaching I think he can offer a bit more than Levis can.

Saying that I hope that isn't the goal. We really need to try and get Stroud or Young if we can.

Agree…except for AR having higher upside than Levis but that’s cool.  Excited about the draft and we both have similar dreams.  

• Pie 1

NFL Scouts are reporting that Anthony Richardson's  pocket awareness is improving all the time and are impressed by his  absolute cannon of an arm that can hopefully become more accurate with additional games.

Richardson has more upside than most. But if the Panthers went in his direction, then giving him adequate time to refine his skills is essential rather than throwing him in as the Day 1 starter.

There is still a rawness to Richardson’s overall production. His decision-making needs work and there is also a tendency to force throws rather than take what he’s given, which could become a problem against NFL defenders.