• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is A.R a smaller C.Newton in the rough?

Jmac

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think a lot of folks forget that Auburn was a borderline top 25 team preseason that year. They were supposed to be a decent team but no one expected them to even be in the national championship conversation.

That’s being kind. They had two other players on offense that were ever drafted .

Lee Ziemba(Car) 7th

B. Mosely (4th) 2011. 

SEC Leading rusher and the 2nd highest QBR in history to that point. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

And Cam would have lasted a lot longer if refs didn't let defenses go helmet to helmet on him claiming he was a runner. Because he was such a physical mismatch for most secondaries and even linebackers he was penalized until they further tightened the rules to protect players from concussions and head injuries.

The NFL and the refs villainized Cam because he didn't play and act the way they wanted him too. Thus made him pay for it. Pieces of dog poo. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

That’s being kind. They had two other players on offense that were ever drafted .

Lee Ziemba(Car) 7th

B. Mosely (4th) 2011. 

SEC Leading rusher and the 2nd highest QBR in history to that point. 

It's just being factual. They were #22 preseason in the AP poll and #23 in the coaches' poll.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It's just being factual. They were #22 preseason in the AP poll and #23 in the coaches' poll.

I know. In Spring, I thought he might get us to 9-3. By the end of Summer, I said to someone “he’s a walking first down”. But it wasn’t until Clemson almost(and should have) beaten us that they took the training wheels off. Rest is history. 

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Is Bill Parcell's formula still applicable?  I think Brock Purdy is an example of what he meant.

1. Be a three year starter

2. Be a Senior

3. Graduate from college

4. Start over 30 games

5. Win 23 games

6. Complete over 60% of passes

7.  Post a 2-1 TD to Int ratio

As much as I realize the game is changing, I see why these things are important--each measures different qualities of his ideal QB.  Experience, maturity, intelligence, durability, competitiveness/leadership, accuracy, and decision-making. 

Which QB in this draft best meets these requirements?  

I believe Jake Haener would be the last man standing with those lines.  

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Dan Orlovsky was just on ESPN and he said he would take Anthony Richardson #1 overall.

Im convinced this dude is a troll. He also said Matt Stafford was the best QB in the NFC.smh

I mean, Stafford was hurt this year but is only a year removed from throwing for nearly 5000 yards and 40+ TDs on the way to winning a Super Bowl. It's definitely not a stretch to argue for him as the NFC's best QB.