• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best QB? Stroud or Young

Shocker

Stroud or Young  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Lets stop messing around who is the best QB and why

• CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Pick this if you can’t read

I'd be stoked for either Young or Stroud. Would not be upset at all. I know it will probably take a serious trade to get into position to get either one, but I'd be ok with that. I'm just tired of waiting for that guy and both of them could be that guy. 

If we didn't or couldn't move up, I'd be ok with Richardson, but he would take a lot more work to get him where he needs to be. 

As far as Levis goes....do not want, but if they decide to take him I'd be disappointed but I'd try to be hopeful and cross my fingers that he's not just a bigger jimmy Clausen. 

Bryce and CJ are the "can't miss" guys in this draft, though  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Yes.

Power arm is nice, but not essential if you can throw it to the right receiver at the right time with the right touch....and the right receiver will always be running the right routes designed around the throwing range of the QB. 

Gunslingers are fun, but a QB who can dink and dunk and tear apart defenses is pretty fun too. And if that QB is a mobile threat, then watch out. 

• Pie 2

I’ve been on the Stroud bandwagon for longer than anyone. He’s my guy in this class. Young feels like the type of guy to look good for two seasons and then the size concerns come into play and he’s dinged up and not the same going forward. He doesn’t weigh enough. He didn’t really put on weight while at Alabama. For a kid knowing his goal is to get to the NFL it felt like he didn’t really work to alleviate those concerns about his size. 

I can deal with the height. It’s not the be all, end all, but he seriously like 20-30 pounds under where I would feel comfortable with him long term. And to that note, if he gains that weight now I wonder if it will impact his speed and agility. 

Just now, Varking said:

I’ve been on the Stroud bandwagon for longer than anyone. He’s my guy in this class. Young feels like the type of guy to look good for two seasons and then the size concerns come into play and he’s dinged up and not the same going forward. He doesn’t weigh enough. He didn’t really put on weight while at Alabama. For a kid knowing his goal is to get to the NFL it felt like he didn’t really work to alleviate those concerns about his size. 

I can deal with the height. It’s not the be all, end all, but he seriously like 20-30 pounds under where I would feel comfortable with him long term. And to that note, if he gains that weight now I wonder if it will impact his speed and agility. 

He will probably come to the combine at 202 or something like that and everybody will rejoice even though they know its not his playing weight and its totally fictitious.   Kid is a great college quarterback there is no mistaking that however his size is just too damn small to take a risk on.  Any GM that takes him pretty much knows their job is dependent on him staying healthy and thats a big ask

• Pie 1