• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best QB? Stroud or Young

Shocker

Stroud or Young  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Lets stop messing around who is the best QB and why

• CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Pick this if you can’t read

4 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

The batted balls thing is overblown.  I think Joe Burrow led the league in that stat this year.

Height is more about being able to see downfield without rolling out of the pocket every play.

Burrow and Herbert were 1 and 2 this year.  Lawerence was 4th

Herbert, Allen, Big Ben 1,2,3 last year

Kyler did lead the league in 2020, then Big Ben, Phillip Rivers, Cam Newton, Kirk Cousins finished the top 5 with only 1-2 less batted passes 

4 hours ago, ncfan said:

Burrow and Herbert were 1 and 2 this year.  Lawerence was 4th

Herbert, Allen, Big Ben 1,2,3 last year

Kyler did lead the league in 2020, then Big Ben, Phillip Rivers, Cam Newton, Kirk Cousins finished the top 5 with only 1-2 less batted passes 

Batted balls are going to happen.  Especially if you like to stay in the pocket.  Defensive lineman are too big and athletic vs offensive lineman.   

and you can't get predictable.   I mean, if Julius Peppers largely knows what you want to do.  Over doing RPOs for example.  His mitts are getting on the ball.  You could be 7ft tall and playing QB. 

Baker having a batted ball fest that exceeded his norm was Rhule over doing the RPO stuff and defenses just being able to time up too much.  

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He doesn't have anywhere near the same arm talent. Like, at all.

I think he's probably the best QB in this Draft, albeit he's tiny, but you can't go throwing comparisons like that out there.

I could see it as far as being able to go off script and accuracy in general.  But arm strength no where near (though there’s less than a handful in the NFL now with his arm strength)

I see the brilliance and potential leadership that guys get behind w/ Young. I just have a hard time envisioning him being a 10+ year franchise QB that can be relied upon for 17 games + every year. He can survive and be great in the NFL, it's just hard to see guys like Tua and Kyler getting knocked around and not see a similar future for Young. 

Hell, even Josh Allen, Lamar and Lawrence are getting popped and they are big guys.

Stroud is accurate, throws receivers open better than most QBs I've seen of late and has enough mobility/athleticism to translate over to the NFL. That UGA game was enough of an eye test for me.