• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints could be making a move for Carr

ncfan

Carr to the Saints doesnt really scare me all that much, feels like a bandaid on a really rough situation. We need to get a QB regardless but i'd be more worried if the saints wanted to lean into being bad. 

Ideally the Bucs, and Saints try and stay competitive for a bit longer giving us a bigger head start before they finally realize they need to tear it down.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

this does not make me happy.

don't want him in the division unless he's with us and i only want him with us if we can't get a legit starter out of the draft.

he's not a star, but he's as solid a QB as they come and will likely be the best available vet QB this year (assuming Rodgers retires). 

carr would easily become the best QB in the division and it's not even close.

• Pie 4

33 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Carr to the Saints could be scary... 

This.  I don't get people wanting him to go to the Saints.  The dude can fuging play.  We need to go get him, period, regardless of what happens in the draft.  If anyone else in the division gets him, especially the Saints, they immediately become the division favorite.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, travisura said:

I haven't seen anything to suggest that they're not. I could be wrong though.

The Athletic's Josh Kendall believes it is unclear if the Falcons will stick with Desmond Ridder as their starting quarterback because "no one inside the building is talking."

It's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Ridder's first four NFL starts that it is an open discussion. But the Falcons, picking eighth in the draft, don't appear likely to land a franchise quarterback without trading up. The Falcons continue to play things close to the vest under Arthur Smith, who is quoted as saying in the piece: “I know everybody wants to know everything right now, but there are a lot of moving parts to it. I don’t think it’s smart business strategy ever to give away what your plan is." We'd guess the Falcons will try to add veteran help at the position, but whether it is a challenger to Ridder or someone who outright is the starter is behind the Arthur Smith curtain. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

The Athletic's Josh Kendall believes it is unclear if the Falcons will stick with Desmond Ridder as their starting quarterback because "no one inside the building is talking."

It's not exactly a ringing endorsement of Ridder's first four NFL starts that it is an open discussion. But the Falcons, picking eighth in the draft, don't appear likely to land a franchise quarterback without trading up. The Falcons continue to play things close to the vest under Arthur Smith, who is quoted as saying in the piece: “I know everybody wants to know everything right now, but there are a lot of moving parts to it. I don’t think it’s smart business strategy ever to give away what your plan is." We'd guess the Falcons will try to add veteran help at the position, but whether it is a challenger to Ridder or someone who outright is the starter is behind the Arthur Smith curtain. 

Unclear. Got it.

Edit: But it does appear that the subtext here is indicating they'll try to bring in QB competition.

Edited by travisura