• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I feel very strongly about this... Derek Carr.

Proudiddy

The Rams bringing in Stafford who was always held back by Detroit and surrounding him with a super team that was designed to play a super bowl at home while Snoop and Dre held down the half time show was a one off NFL Hollywood script. Same goes for Brady X Tampa tbh.

Drew Brees is the only example I can think of in NFL history where this worked.

Just now, ncfan said:

Some people here definitely touched the hot stove as a kid after being burned over and over again.

I have a bigger problem with it here mainly because the reason Tepper needed a new coach and the reason Reich was available were because they both failed trying to fix the QB position with these types of QBs. Would show an inability to learn that would be far more frightening to me than anything related to how average Carr really is.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

rarely in this league is one mans trash another mans treasure at the QB position.

It'd be a little overboard to call Carr "trash" but while it doesn't necessarily happen all the time,  improving one's situation by going elsewhere isn't all that rare.

Jeff Garcia was a prime example. He could look like a world beater as long as you were running a West Coast Offense. Outside that, not so much.

More recent examples would be Kirk Cousins rejuvenating his career in Minnesota or Jared Goff in Detroit. Hell, you could even point to Matt Stafford.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

It'd be a little overboard to call Carr "trash" but while it doesn't necessarily happen all the time,  improving one's situation by going elsewhere isn't all that rare.

Jeff Garcia was a prime example. He could look like a world beater as long as you were running a West Coast Offense. Outside that, not so much.

More recent examples would be Kirk Cousins rejuvenating his career in Minnesota or Jared Goff in Detroit. Hell, you could even point to Matt Stafford.

ya my bar is super bowl wins see post above.

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

The Rams bringing in Stafford who was always held back by Detroit and surrounding him with a super team that was designed to play a super bowl at home while Snoop and Dre held down the half time show was a one off NFL Hollywood script. Same goes for Brady X Tampa tbh.

Drew Brees is the only example I can think of in NFL history where this worked.

I think there is a difference between accepting its time to rebuild and trading their QB somewhere he wants to go like Stafford or a Brady/Rodgers situation where they actively want out and a situation where the team is the one that wants to move on from a guy. Teams dont cut bait with good QBs just because.

Edited by stan786

Carr is in the Cousin, Tannehill and now maybe even Prescott as well, tier 

He’ll keep you somewhat competitive but you’re definitely not going to win a super bowl with him 

The ONLY way I can get behind this is if we draft AR and we need someone to keep us competitive until AR comes in 

9 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Thought he wanted someone more mobile, could do RPO stuff.   ??

Reich likes cerebral QB. And Carr technically fits the bill. Meaning a smart QB that can pick apart areas of the field with Reichs gameplan. Mobility is almost a requirement now days for success unless an elite passer so that’s a given really.

But I still say f no. You have to look at if this QB can go head to head with Hurts and Mahomes (if going that far) and pick apart SF type defenses, with Vikings and Cowboys in the long run in order to make it all the way and Carr can’t do that.

Some people here are so used to this shitshow Tepper has built they see a weak NFCS and think a division title is the end all. It’s not. We should be thinking more long term and bigger picture like stated above.

For the record I like him but he relies a lot on luck. And I like a rookie deal with an elite talent, despite the growing pains, far more than overpaying for a QB that will never go all the way.

Edited by onmyown