• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I feel very strongly about this... Derek Carr.

Proudiddy

Some possible UFA QB options if Carr and Lamar hit free agency:

• Lamar Jackson
  • Derek Carr
  • Jimmy Garoppolo
  • Sam Darnold
  • Jacoby Brissett
  • Geno Smith
  • Mike White
  • Cooper Rush
  • Baker Mayfield
  • Gardner Minshew?

Starting to accept the increasing possibility of Sam returning to start for one more season and/or the team moving up for a passer. If the Saints land Carr, Lamar stays in Bmore, Geno stays in Seattle, and JimmyG reunites with McDaniels that's going to leave Jacoby Brissett or back-ups Mayfield, White, Rush, and Minshew. Not exactly the most inspiring group... 

I think that if nobody trades up with Chicago for the #1 overall pick we could see Carolina make a move to slide up to #3 for whoever is left between Stroud and Young. If they're confident enough in their scouting + coaching, maybe they stay put and take who remains between Levis and Richardson.

Phew... this offseason seems even more stressful than what we've experienced lately.

Edited by Icege

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

Does he fit with what Reich wants in a QB?

One of my biggest issues with Reich is he did the exact same thing as Rhule, in respect to QB’s, with the Colts. 

I really hope he brings in offense staff that can find the right gem among the stones, and build an offense around them here. Offensive coaches, even good offensive coaches are a dime a dozen around the league. Real, good coaches. Not so much. 

8 minutes ago, onmyown said:

But I still say f no. You have to look at if this QB can go head to head with Hurts and Mahomes (if going that far) and pick apart SF type defenses, with Vikings and Cowboys in the long run in order to make it all the way and Carr can’t do that.

What about what Matt Stafford did last year?

16 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Thought he wanted someone more mobile, could do RPO stuff.   ??

What Reich primarily wants (at least from what he said so far) is accuracy, intelligence and good footwork.

He considers mobility a plus, especially given the way quarterbacks are trending these days, but stated that a quarterback has to be able to win "from the pocket".

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

bro wtf is going on here lately with these takes...

Have you seen the tape on Richardson and Levi’s. Corral doesn’t look too bad from his college tape after seeing those break downs from JT. If you are so pressed to get a QB don’t be biased in your evaluation. My opinion is mine to think and to share. Until something happens don’t post a contradicting statement someone can reference back to when your “hot take” looks like hot garbage. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

One of my biggest issues with Reich is he did the exact same thing as Rhule, in respect to QB’s, with the Colts.

Yes, but what is his win loss record? 40-33-1. Way better than Rhule that is for sure. I have a feeling Reich was the right fit for us. Now the defense I am starting to worry about.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

Yes, but what is his win loss record? 40-33-1. Way better than Rhule that is for sure. I have a feeling Reich was the right fit for us. Now the defense I am starting to worry about.

I don't necessarily think I'd judge whether I want to avoid anything based on the fact that Matt Rule failed at it.

That'd negate an awful lot of stuff

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't necessarily think I'd judge whether I want to avoid anything based on the fact that Matt Rule failed at it.

That'd negate an awful lot of stuff

I’m willing to give Reich a season, maybe two. But he sure he’s have a lot of the same earmarks as Rhule.