• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I feel very strongly about this... Derek Carr.

Proudiddy

1 hour ago, CardiacCat said:

If you sign a "better" QB at this point, chances that you will get in position to pick a good young QB in next year's draft are slim.  You can't have it both ways.

Sure you can, unless the league makes trades for draft picks (like moving up in a round) illegal, or you believe you have to pick in the top 3-5 to have a chance at a QB, or both. 

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

lol so they are pretty much the same guy... except one has nearly 30 years of experience at the pro level at all levels and has a ring and has coached several winning seasons as a HC despite having multiple QBs.

oof

And don’t get me wrong I’m not knocking Reich, at this point I’m just happy to be rid of Rhule. Just pointing out trends that could negatively affect his time here. 

I’d like a Rod Brind’Amour style coach here. But we are a few “football” generations out on that yet. 

Edited by Harbingers

21 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’m willing to give Reich a season, maybe two. But he sure he’s have a lot of the same earmarks as Rhule. 

Matt Rhule: 17-33 

Frank Reich: Super Bowl winning OC

45-31-1 as head coach

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

And don’t get me wrong I’m not knocking Reich, at this point I’m just happy he rid of Rhule. Just pointing out trends that could negatively affect his time here. 

what trends? i mean you make it sound like there's a bunch of similarities that could do serious harm.

Just now, rayzor said:

what trends? i mean you make it sound like there's a bunch of similarities that could do serious harm.

Since the forum is all the rage on QB’s look at his tenure as a HC. Absolutely porous defense, though I don’t know how much of that can be attributed to him. Perhaps with the base pieces he can do better here. Also like Rhule he tends to collapse late season. When football matters most. I’m hopefully we are going to get some fun(win filled) football next season but I don’t have my hopes up.

15 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

Trading assets for Carr and his contract would be dumb.

Signing him as FA makes much more sense. Would allow the team to develop a young guy.

My question is will Carr have any interest in mentoring? If we can't pass up a guy in the 1st I could see it getting weird. If Stroud is there at 9 and we pass on him because we have fuging Carr on a 4 year deal I think this whole place would lose it. 

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Since the forum is all the rage on QB’s look at his tenure as a HC. Absolutely porous defense, though I don’t know how much of that can be attributed to him. Perhaps with the base pieces he can do better here. Also like Rhule he tends to collapse late season. When football matters most. I’m hopefully we are going to get some fun(win filled) football next season but I don’t have my hopes up.

The Colts had a top 10 defense in points allowed 3 of the 5 years Reich was head coach. The only truly bad year was last year but most of the season Saturday was the coach.

• Beer 1

Derrick Carr has 1 playoff appearance in his entire career.

Why are you guys so obsessed with bridge QB's?

Im starting to think the goal is to get mid rd picks every year and just reload with a new vet QB. It's amazing so many people want change but we keep making the same mistake every year. 

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, travisura said:

The Colts had a top 10 defense in points allowed 3 of the 5 years Reich was head coach. The only truly bad year was last year but most of the season Saturday was the coach.

They also double their points allowed when he became coach, forgive me for not remembering the exact figures off hand but I think it was 449 over 227 or something to that affect. That’s a big difference.