• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Top 100 Free Agents and their projected contract

Captain Morgan

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I think we can find a good TE here, and I saw a lot of Safeties (going from memory) so the shopping could be good for those two needs.

I'd love to have Jessie Bates, but no safety is worth $75M outside of Ed Reed in his prime.

That said, his teammate Vonn Bell is also a very good player who would come a lot cheaper. I'd love to see us go after him.

19 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's nothing to see. He's always been a plus athlete. The problem is that he's still a subpar passer. It's not like he's a Lamar or Kyler type runner. He's basically Sam Darnold.

I disagree, watch a couple games of his this year.....looked NFL legit. Hes been clocked at 20-21 mph and at one point was the fastest recorded time(QB). He started 16 games this year and only threw 5ints...... His age is what puts him over Carr and others. He can get better, while Carr has settle into what he can be. Upside, Im a sucker for it. Jones oozes it. Besides youd like this vid(his walking away form DBs)-

This "he can get better" idea regarding a QB with amole NFL starting experience is the same trap we fell into with Sam Darnold. Guys generally don't make big leaps after they've had 3 or 4 years of starting experience. They usually are what they are at that point. The Geno Smith example in Seattle this year is very much the exception. Our experience with Darnold is the norm. And even Geno really came back down to earth in the last third of the season. 

• Pie 2

15 hours ago, SameDamnThing said:

Dalton Schultz would be a nice grab. We want to run the ball, but we need that guy to be reliable in the middle of the field as well and Ian Thomas just ain't it. Rookie QB in particular use TE like security blankets because of their strength, catch radius, and lower risk of interceptions being covered by LB. We need to invest in that position and ideally a veteran. Jadaveon Clowney might also bring some heat with Burns on the other side and push up the middle from Brown. Tony Pollard would be an interesting add as a pass catching option in the backfield and changeup to Foreman. Mike Gesicki would be a good fall back option at TE. Foster Moreau could be a sleeper there too. 

This great stuff and lots of truth nuggets.

I believe like @MHS831 posted above, TE is a main target. Theres were rumors about the Schultz being traded to the panthers, more than a couple.

Hope a decent TE and boze is on the menu....

New HC frank has been dropping TE in a few comments, and saying "pass catching"..

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

This draft is loaded with Edge, CB and TE in the top 50 rankings. We shouldn’t go after those spots in FA or we are doing ourselves a disservice. I wish we had the extra picks from Burns as well. Pick 9, two early 2nds and a late 2nd would have been nice. If we wanted to go QB next year, a trade back from 9 if Levis/AR/Stroud dropped (or a solid edge guy if none dropped) could have made for a bonanza of talent to see what Corrall has and 4 firsts/future firsts to get the top QB in 2024.

I dont think finessererer would turn down a good bargain cause of draft picks. They could be late players in FA, that seems to be always the winning move. 

Burns deal....... it just has to be he signs a hometown deal and keeps getting better....... my 8 ball is leaking.

I feel they will trade up for a QB and use lots of the 49ers ammo.....sadly..... so all the depth in top 100 will be missing form the panthers roster cause QB....

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Patrick Peterson is a guy we should be interested in though I'm not sure he'd be interested in us as he would probably rather chase a ring. I say we should be interested because we have a lot of young DB talent and it'd be awesome to have a future HOFer in the locker room and position group meetings with them. All the whole alleviating our immediate need at CB and giving DJ an opportunity to rehab and see if he can come back from that Achilles.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Patrick Peterson is a guy we should be interested in though I'm not sure he'd be interested in us as he would probably rather chase a ring. I say we should be interested because we have a lot of young DB talent and it'd be awesome to have a future HOFer in the locker room and position group meetings with them. All the whole alleviating our immediate need at CB and giving DJ an opportunity to rehab and see if he can come back from that Achilles.

His age, mannnn CB is one of those spot where you wake up one day old.. I feel the panthers need to pray for horn and jackson health....... and address other spots....

Love him tho, wish it was 5 years ago or when the cards first let him go...

12 minutes ago, Basbear said:

His age, mannnn CB is one of those spot where you wake up one day old.. I feel the panthers need to pray for horn and jackson health....... and address other spots....

Love him tho, wish it was 5 years ago or when the cards first let him go...

I'm only looking at him as a stop gap and veteran mentor. Hell, he might even pull a Woodson and move over to FS.

If Jackson's recovery is looking promising it's the exact type of bandaid we could benefit from both in the present and the future with him there to set an example for our youngsters.

But I honestly doubt he'd have much interest in coming here.

13 hours ago, heel31ok said:

Lol...the only thing that would make Jones better than Carr fir us  would be a cheap contract.Niether one are affordable but Carr is head and shoulders above Jones as a QB.

No he's not.

Carr had the best WR in football and a top 5 TE. If Jones had those weapons they are in the NFC Championship game at least.

There are 3 centers on the list, none named Bozeman. They estimate $6.5-7.5 million per year for those 3 so if you believe their evaluations, that means something like 3 years, $20 million for Bozeman would be the high end for him. I do think we probably value him more than his perception around the league. ESPN also had a top free agent list and he wasn't on that either. I definitely want us to resign him. But you do wonder whether other teams will see a guy who spent half of the year as our backup and played on a meager one year contract and not feel inclined to break the bank for him. Could bode well for us as long as we don't bid against ourselves. 

• Beer 2