• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF Top 100 Free Agents and their projected contract

Captain Morgan

On 2/3/2023 at 11:41 PM, Hoenheim said:

Bad contracts and extending/backloading them to create space every year put you into a deeper and deeper hole every year.

If you don't eventually bite the bullet you're going to have some horrendously huge cap hits when you eventually get to the end of those backloaded deals 

“I’ll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today”

Names that grab my attention

Lamar Jackson QB- obvious choice is obvious 

Jessie Bates FS- we've never had a true FS with his talent. S isn't as valued as it once was in the NFL but someone will pay him bigtime and I don't think it will be use 

Daron Payne DL- underrated player that could be a starter on a great d-line. think he would make a nice pairing next to brown 

Bradberry CB- reunion tour boys, should have never let him go tbh

Evan Engram TE- loads of potential, played p well this year

Bobby Okereke LB- knows Reich, solid player that is on the up and up, kind like Luvu 

Mike Gesicki TE- not really a fan, I mention him bc I see a lot of love for him but i don't really see it 

Yannick DE- good stop gap for a one year deal to play opposite Burns

Juan Thornill S- again I think we need to address safety this offseason, I think Chinn is better suited at LB

Poona Ford DL- need another DT next to Brown I think he's a good player

insane that Bozeman is not on this list lol 

I don't think the need at CB is as desperate as some make it out to be. We are going to be getting a LOT of help from Horn being able to take basically half the field away. To me, the big hole in the secondary is Chinn against wideouts. He needs to come back to linebacker where he was an absolute difference maker and not chasing smaller, faster guys down the field. If it shortens his career, it shortens his career. DBs don't exactly live forever either. Keith Taylor, IMO, was better than the noise. C.J. Henderson needs to live full time as the 3rd corner. Taylor can come in on TE assignments and bigger WR. The CBs didn't get a ton of help over the top and we need that centerfielder that can pick up the target quicker and arrive in time to make a play. We don't need 5 picks from that guy. We just need him to keep the lid on. 

Between FA and the draft we need in this order. 

• QB
  • LB
  • DT
  • TE
  • EDGE
  • RB
  • WR
  • OL

I would've had RB higher but I'm liking the RB by committee outlook unless we find a gem in day 2 or later of the draft. WR is in a good place if TMJ properly develops, we just need someone to stretch the field a Nathaniel Dell type WR would be great but he will go in the 2-3 most likely. TE is a must and I wouldn't be surprised if we get 2. Thomas is a great blocker and can sneak a few solid catches here and there. I'm not fully sure what we have in Tremble but I haven't given up on him yet but we still need that reliable middle of the field athletic TE. DT and EDGE will be what makes or breaks our new D and I feel we alreayd have some things in mind with the FA coming available soon. I want to see us go hard for a LB or 2 whether it's with one of our 2nds on Jack Campbell or Drew Sanders. Lastly we need to get QB right. Whether thats giving Corral a real shot and giving a 2-3 year contract to a Carr or solid B to give us time to develop or build. Or if we want to go all in on a QB in this draft it better be one of Stroud, Levis or Richardson. I prefer a QB that can move in the pocket to create when the play breaks down, run RPO and bootlegs like Reich was calling during the last Eagles SB run. I would love it to be the likes of Drake Maye or Caleb Williams next year but time is of the essence and tomorrow is never guaranteed. 

TLDR;

Lets win us a fugin SB boys!!!

Evero is very familiar with #21 on the list.

21. DI DRE'MONT JONES, DENVER BRONCOS

Contract Projection: Four years, $58 million ($14.5M per year); $37.5 million total guaranteed

Jones still has room to round out his game, but the value of an interior pass rusher has never been more apparent than during the 2022 season, and that’s exactly where Jones wins. Since he entered the league in 2019, Jones’ 138 quarterback pressures are tied for the 19th most among interior defenders, with his 14.5% pass-rush win rate ranking 11th best over the span.

Jones set career highs in snaps played, quarterback pressures and stops this season. Players with his skill set don’t hit free agency too often, and teams looking for a 3-4 defensive end will be very interested in bringing him aboard this March. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

On 2/3/2023 at 4:51 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Jones can't carry Carr's jockstrap. He's just not very good at all.

On 2/3/2023 at 6:41 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

There's nothing to see. He's always been a plus athlete. The problem is that he's still a subpar passer. It's not like he's a Lamar or Kyler type runner. He's basically Sam Darnold.

Those are some terrible takes. Let me help y'all out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2023/1/13/23550243/daniel-jones-new-york-giants-nfl-playoffs-vikings-daboll-kafka

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/daniel-jones-breakout-playoffs-future-daboll-giants/

Jones, much like any QB, needed to be put into  situations to succeed, and that's what good coaching does. Moreover, most QBs really don't even reach their prime during a rookie contract. You can't even begin to credibly judge a QB's potential and place in the NFL before you see them under good coaching peppered with a degree of patience.

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

Those are some terrible takes. Let me help y'all out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2023/1/13/23550243/daniel-jones-new-york-giants-nfl-playoffs-vikings-daboll-kafka

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/daniel-jones-breakout-playoffs-future-daboll-giants/

Jones, much like any QB, needed to be put into  situations to succeed, and that's what good coaching does. Moreover, most QBs really don't even reach their prime during a rookie contract. You can't even begin to credibly judge a QB's potential and place in the NFL before you see them under good coaching peppered with a degree of patience.

He just had his best season and threw for 15 TDs. The guy y'all are trying to defend sucks.

• Pie 1