• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers favoring Levis?

kungfoodude

2 hours ago, heel31ok said:

Taking a lesser qb in a bad qb draft...keep pounding 

It really is a bad qb draft. Last year people said the qb draft was poor but at least it was deep. You really fall off a cliff after Young and Stroud and neither of them are top prospects either.  If it weren't for so many teams looking for qb's, Levis and AR would be late first round early second guys.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Fine with just going BPA at 9 but I don’t think it’s going to happen. I like next year’s QB class more and we’ll have less competition for them

Maybe. We have no idea. Saying we have less competition right now is misguided when there is a good chance we will have competition next season. 
Also everyone was saying this years class was good and now look. Same thing will happen next off-season. 
I guarantee it. It is a vicious cycle. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

It really is a bad qb draft. Last year people said the qb draft was poor but at least it was deep. You really fall off a cliff after Young and Stroud and neither of them are top prospects either.  If it weren't for so many teams looking for qb's, Levis and AR would be late first round early second guys.

How is it a bad class?   There are 4 great prospects 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

But to this report’s defense.  It said it doesn’t sound like we will be able to get into the top 2 where they project Levis to go.  And they still like Levis. 

I agree, I don’t see any way we can get into the top two outside of making 2 trades, to first get to 3 and then trade to 1.  Very doubtful.

The best we can probably do is #3 but remains to be seen if Zona would be willing to move down to 9.

Edited by Shocker

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Daniel Jeremiah has 4 QBs in his top 13 overall prospects this year.

by comparison 

last year he had 1 QB (Pickett at 24) in his top 25

2021, he had 4 in his top 8 

2020, he had 4 in the top 20

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Not one of them is great. Young is a midget, Stroud is a product of the OSU system that never produces nfl qb's, Levis and AR look terrible.  Are you seriously stating that a qb w/ a 50% completion rate is "great"?