• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers favoring Levis?

kungfoodude

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Interestingly, Campbell also reported that among the scouts he talked to, Stroud and Young were the consensus top two QB's but both had some definite cons:

Young and Stroud are the clear top-two quarterback prospects for the 2023 NFL Draft, but both have flaws. Teams love Young's passing ability, his natural instincts as a passer, and his athleticism to make plays with his feet. However, his small size is worrisome, and that is going to be glaring when he meets with teams in interviews and on visits to their facilities.

With C.J. Stroud, teams have concerns about him being a scheme-product quarterback, plus they are disappointed with his demeanor. Stroud is not viewed as a vocal leader to lead a team. Rather, he is said to have a quiet, almost aloof, personality.

As a result of these issues, multiple sources from a number of teams say they do not think Young or Stroud is worthy of giving up the farm for in future draft picks to move up high in the first round of the 2023 NFL Draft. They see too much risk in either of them as a prospect to be willing to give up a huge haul in a trade. However, it only takes one team to feel differently and be desperate enough to make such a move. Additionally, given that the Texans - at No. 2 - and the Colts - at No. 4 - clearly need quarterbacks, a third team knows it has to jump to the first or third pick of the 2023 NFL Draft to get one of those signal-callers.

Of the two concerns for Stroud, the scheme one is stupid because all you have to do is actually look at his throws to know that he’s the one making that scheme go. And the other, if the biggest legit concern is that he’s too chill…well I’ll take that heh

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Prior to the season I thought he’d be a lock for 1st QB drafted. He did nothing this year to elevate his game

His decision making, oblivious to pressure, slow to process, bails on clean pockets, his faults are worrisome as hell. 

And for all the talk about Young and injury concerns, Levis was hurt all the damn time

• Pie 8

It’s all speculation at this point, but I think they’re connecting two dots from Tepper supposedly being a Levis fan from an Ellis Williams report in December, and maybe the Reich-Wentz previous connection. 

If you’re going to gamble on an SEC QB that has question marks, I don’t see why AR isn’t the guy. A 24-yr old Levis did nothing this year to make me want him at QB. Richardson, in the same conference, is more athletic, equally live arm, has less college reps and is 2 years younger.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Soul Rebel said:

If you’re going to gamble on an SEC QB that has question marks, I don’t see why AR isn’t the guy. A 24-yr old Levis did nothing this year to make me want him at QB. Richardson, in the same conference, is more athletic, equally live arm, has less college reps and is 2 years younger.

Yep I was going to say Richardson scares me less than Levis.

Richardson is better at the parts of the game that people like Levis for. I think AR’s floor is higher because at minimum I believe AR can do what Fields is doing right now

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

It’s all speculation at this point, but I think they’re connecting two dots from Tepper supposedly being a Levis fan from an Ellis Williams report in December, and maybe the Reich-Wentz previous connection. 

Yep

Levi’s = Blaine Gabbert 2.0

all prospects have faults.  Most prospects at the ncaa level, and certainly the sec level will have faults 

there are winners and pretenders under the bright lights of the ncaa that only get brighter in the nfl, and by that measuring stick, Levis is a pretender. 

• Pie 4

15 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I am giving our FO a new start.  Want to see how being free of what's his name does. Hard to know how things  happened before.

Agreed. It also seems like we wanted Reich to find and develop our next QB. So as long as they listen to his input I think we are in better hands than we have been in a long time.

• Pie 2

No one knows what they are thinking.  Other reports are saying CJ Stroud is the “Apple” of our eye.  Even if they did prefer one of these guys they are at the mercy of teams ahead of us in the draft.

I would really like to see the Raiders sign a QB in FA to get them out of the QB market in he draft.  

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1