• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers favoring Levis?

kungfoodude

58 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I hope not. It’s walterfootball, so take it with a grain of salt. 

Most of Walter's info is trash but Campbell apparently actually knows people. You can never say how good those sources are but his Senior Bowl rumors have been historically pretty good.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2

29 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yep I was going to say Richardson scares me less than Levis.

Richardson is better at the parts of the game that people like Levis for. I think AR’s floor is higher because at minimum I believe AR can do what Fields is doing right now

Richardson is easily the most scary. His floor is one of the lowest in recent memory because he is quite bad at the moment. 

But, his physical abilities are far greater than Levis, without question.

I would definitely take Levis over Richardson at the moment. To be clear, would really prefer not to have either as 1st round picks.

• Pie 3

28 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I am giving our FO a new start.  Want to see how being free of what's his name does. Hard to know how things  happened before.

Oh I am giving them a chance but there is quite literally zero evidence any of them have a clue about QB evaluation. There is a lot of evidence they don't have a clue, however.

I very much trust Reich's take on a prospective QB more than the totality of our entire FO. TBH, it's not even close.

I would like Stroud or Young but the more I look at it, I don’t think the Panthers are going to outbid some of these teams that are in a more desperate situation. You have multiple teams that have a coach/GM or both on the hot seat and will probably give up whatever. (Raiders, Colts, Commanders, Jets, Bucs, Saints, Falcons) 

So if you look at the Top 5-

Bears- No QB/ Could Trade

Texans- Need QB

Cardinals- No QB/Could Trade

Colts-Need QB

Seahawks- No QB/Could Trade (If Resign Smith)

I think the Texans are staying put, and will take what is left of Stroud or Young. Chicago will trade with a desperate team into 1st. I don’t think it’ll be Carolina.

Honestly the Colts could offer the Bears the 4th pick and additional capital, move up into 1st, pick who they want, Texans get their QB. Arizona gets who they want, and Chicago gets who they want at 4. Works for all 4 of them. 

2 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I would like Stroud or Young but the more I look at it, I don’t think the Panthers are going to outbid some of these teams that are in a more desperate situation. You have multiple teams that have a coach/GM or both on the hot seat and will probably give up whatever. (Raiders, Colts, Commanders, Jets, Bucs, Saints, Falcons) 

So if you look at the Top 5-

Bears- No QB/ Could Trade

Texans- Need QB

Cardinals- No QB/Could Trade

Colts-Need QB

Seahawks- No QB/Could Trade (If Resign Smith)

I think the Texans are staying put, and will take what is left of Stroud or Young. Chicago will trade with a desperate team into 1st. I don’t think it’ll be Carolina.

Honestly the Colts could offer the Bears the 4th pick and additional capital, move up into 1st, pick who they want, Texans get their QB. Arizona gets who they want, and Chicago gets who they want at 4. Works for all 4 of them. 

I am curious to see what our decision is on the draft. TBh, I don't see a path towards getting one of the top 4 QB's without trading up. Obviously, AR and Levis are not worth trading ANY assets for, IMO.

Ideally those are guys you trade down significantly to get. It won't work out that way, I am sure.

On the one hand, we are obviously WILDLY QB desperate but on the other one of the things Tepper threw out in his post-Rhule firing PC was that he didn't seem pleased about wasting draft capital. So, I don't know what to think about all that. Especially since we were going to give up some serious draft capital for Stafford or Watson.

If anyone claims to have an concrete idea about what our plans at QB are this offseason, I will be the first to call them a liar.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am curious to see what our decision is on the draft. TBh, I don't see a path towards getting one of the top 4 QB's without trading up. Obviously, AR and Levis are not worth trading ANY assets for, IMO.

Ideally those are guys you trade down significantly to get. It won't work out that way, I am sure.

On the one hand, we are obviously WILDLY QB desperate but on the other one of the things Tepper threw out in his post-Rhule firing PC was that he didn't seem pleased about wasting draft capital. So, I don't know what to think about all that. Especially since we were going to give up some serious draft capital for Stafford or Watson.

If anyone claims to have a concrete idea about what our plans at QB are this offseason, I will be the first to call them a liar.

I agree, any other year where the need for QB isn’t as strong, Levis is late 1st, Richardson/McKee are in the 3rd round. 

There are a lot of more teams willing to sell their souls to move up. I don’t think the Panthers are going to be so eager to cripple their new coach by trading 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and a third for a QB.

This top 10 is going to get messy. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Cdparr7 said:

I agree, any other year where the need for QB isn’t as strong, Levis is late 1st, Richardson/McKee are in the 3rd round. 

There are a lot of more teams willing to sell their souls to move up. I don’t think the Panthers are going to be so eager to cripple their new coach by trading 2 firsts, 2 seconds, and a third for a QB.

This top 10 is going to get messy. 

Yeah, I REALLY don't want to trade the farm for one of these guys. I love Bryant but not even him.

I had Levis as my annual underdog/sleeper bandwagon player now he's on everybody's radar. Lol

I had Levis going late first round but now the same concerns we had about Young and Stroud are starting to surface and it's just like I said months ago, neither Young or Stroud are top pick material.

Justin Fields and the Bears now moving on us another knock on frontrunner QBS from stacked programs with the best of the best talent. It's more evenly competitive in the NFL, those guys have a huge learning curve.

Those concerns about lack of adversity and less than prototypical size will have these guys drop.

Levis although underwhelming to some has the game, the body, the arm, the mobility and the acumen and QB lineage to start in the NFL. 

He had a new and less talented OC this season because his last OC got a job with the Chargers. Being with someone like Reich would elevate a player like Levis.

I think we already have a QB better than Levis.

He's the Golden One...

Screenshot_20221014-152035~2.png

• The D 1
  • Poo 3

45 minutes ago, Shocker said:

No one knows what they are thinking.  Other reports are saying CJ Stroud is the “Apple” of our eye.  Even if they did prefer one of these guys they are at the mercy of teams ahead of us in the draft.

I would really like to see the Raiders sign a QB in FA to get them out of the QB market in he draft.  

But to this report’s defense.  It said it doesn’t sound like we will be able to get into the top 2 where they project Levis to go.  And they still like Levis. 

• Beer 1