• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers favoring Levis?

kungfoodude

37 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I get that but between the two, if you are gambling anyway, might as well gamble for the higher return.

TBH, I would just prefer not to gamble in the top 10. 

But I will trust the new head coach to try and develop whomever we end up with. I just hope we just aren't continuing this very Cleveland Browns-esque QB journey in three years.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

But I will trust the new head coach to try and develop whomever we end up with. I just hope we just aren't continuing this very Cleveland Browns-esque QB journey in three years.

The second part is how I feel. We have a very experienced offensive former QB as a HC now.  I’m down with whoever he thinks he can develop into our franchise QB. It’s been a while since we had someone like that on our staff, much less with the input of a HC position.

Most QBs not taken number 1 overall are a bit of a gamble. Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, even Herbert were gambles that their teams’ staffs did a great job in drafting and developing along the way.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Whats the alternative? Sooner or later yiu have to gamble.  Unless you have that #1 pick, and it just happens to be the rare year there is a Luck or Lawrence type of prospect it’s almost always a gamble.

We could  go more tank mode and increase our chance of what is perceived as a better prospect but that doesn’t seem to be the path they want to go.

Last year you kept saying you didn’t want to gamble because this year had better prospects. 
I'm not saying totally waste a pick on a guy you don’t have faith in but for the most part you have to gamble sooner or later.

6 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Whats the alternative? Sooner or later yiu have to gamble.  Unless you have that #1 pick, and it just happens to be the rare year there is a Luck or Lawrence type of prospect it’s almost always a gamble.

We could  go more tank mode and increase our chance of what is perceived as a better prospect but that doesn’t seem to be the path they want to go.

Last year you kept saying you didn’t want to gamble because this year had better prospects. 
I'm not saying totally waste a pick on a guy you don’t have faith in but for the most part you have to gamble sooner or later.

The issue this year is cost. It will cost quite a bit to get one of the top two guys in this draft. It's a better class overall(especially at the top) but the cost will be quite high to get to that point.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The issue this year is cost. It will cost quite a bit to get one of the top two guys in this draft. It's a better class overall(especially at the top) but the cost will be quite high to get to that point.

So pick one of the other guys.  That’s my point, if you are waiting for a sure thing, it might never happen.

5 hours ago, AU-panther said:

So pick one of the other guys.  That’s my point, if you are waiting for a sure thing, it might never happen.

Picking a guy with a 2nd round or lower grade in the top ten has a very unsuccessful history. That is how you start fuging up a draft.