• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers favoring Levis?

kungfoodude

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Picking a guy with a 2nd round or lower grade in the top ten has a very unsuccessful history. That is how you start fuging up a draft.

are you trying to win the draft or win games?  sooner or later, you need a QB.

Nobody is saying overreach but the fact is at some point you have to gamble some.  Unless you have the top pick in a generation QB class there will almost always be better non QBs available.  

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, AU-panther said:

are you trying to win the draft or win games?  sooner or later, you need a QB.

Nobody is saying overreach but the fact is at some point you have to gamble some.  Unless you have the top pick in a generation QB class there will almost always be better non QBs available.  

Losing the draft is how you lose games. 

I am not advocating the top 2 or bust, but you need to believe in the guy or you simply don't take him.

2 hours ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I hope we pick him at this point so I can see some of you guys cry. Good grief 

He's actually going to be a good day one guy for somebody.

I'm on the Official Will Levis Bandwagon and also the Official Myles Murphy Bandwagon but I'm not saying Will should be our pick.

We've been discussing Levis since last season on this here site. 

His OC going to the NFL as well as talent plus injury, although he still had some good games, wasn't the player/offense we saw last season.

He showed off his running ability last season, Will Levis isn't only a QB he's also elite level rushing QB who can deliver blows too at 6'3 230lbs and also runs like a RB if you need him to. 

Him and Corral to me would be redundant because they basically cover all the same skill sets which are many. They both are balanced QBs, equally good at being a running back when needed but both have damn good arms and Matt, slightly better accuracy and pop on his throws.

The only big difference between the two is 1" and 18lbs(Corral draft weight vs today??)

14 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He's actually going to be a good day one guy for somebody.

I'm on the Official Will Levis Bandwagon and also the Official Myles Murphy Bandwagon but I'm not saying Will should be our pick.

We've been discussing Levis since last season on this here site. 

His OC going to the NFL as well as talent plus injury, although he still had some good games, wasn't the player/offense we saw last season.

He showed off his running ability last season, Will Levis isn't only a QB he's also elite level rushing QB who can deliver blows too at 6'3 230lbs and also runs like a RB if you need him to. 

Him and Corral to me would be redundant because they basically cover all the same skill sets which are many. They both are balanced QBs, equally good at being a running back when needed but both have damn good arms and Matt, slightly better accuracy and pop on his throws.

The only big difference between the two is 1" and 18lbs(Corral draft weight vs today??)

picking nits but MC measured 6'1  212 at the combine and that 212 is certainly not his playing weight

Will be interested in seeing Levis and others measurements from this years combine

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Corral looks like he's at least taller than Baker listed at 6'1"

Thats cool and all but he officially was measured at 6-1.5 at the combine.  Thats a true measurement  and you are not even factoring in depth perception in that photo

Also baker was 6-0.5 at the combine.  Listed weights/heights are not accurate

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Thats cool and all but he officially was measured at 6-1.5 at the combine.  Thats a true measurement  and you are not even factoring in depth perception in that photo

Oh I did, Baker is still the smallest. I was right behind the bench at fanfest. PJ and Baker were the smallest guys on the field.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Hell, even in high school.

When my high school submitted the team roster to the local paper for their annual high school football preview, I went and looked and found that I was had suddenly become two inches taller and about twenty pounds heavier 😄