• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers favoring Levis?

kungfoodude

18 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Matt Corral may have the tools, but he is one of those made of glass players that can't stay healthy. I mean the dude couldn't get out of preseason without a serious injury. And he's had problems in college too. He's not someone you can count on to be a starter.

Most of the players we speak of as being busts is because they had their opportunity in the NFL and couldn't make it because of x.

Matt Corral is being counted out by these huddle chuckle heads just for that reason(chuckleheadedness) You could give logic doesn't matter the Panthers draft said player they hate and NOW because they are in charge a guy they drafted and are paying paychecks to has absolutely no opportunity to play because, because....ripp said so. That's the garbage take. 

Matt Corral isn't there for his looks or because he smells good, they courted him predraft and moved up to get him.

The real delusion is the Panthers won't play him.

Also, don't forget, EVERY QB got injured by Matt Rhules line early in the season except PJ because they hadn't figured out who was going to start until AFTER training camp. You know, coach by committee.

Corral will get his chance because Fitterer and David Tepper were high on him and THEY want to be correct even more than our own huddle mouth breather Panther/Young Lion haters.

The Golden One

Screenshot_20221014-152035~2.png

Edited by rippadonn

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

They're going to draft who they want regardless. Just don't throw the bank and draft picks at Derek Carr. It will only end in catastrophe.

Don’t think they will have to throw draft picks, maybe 30 mil/year which isn’t bad for a QB like him. 

I would rather use the draft picks on skill guys tbh.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

46 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Don’t think they will have to throw draft picks, maybe 30 mil/year which isn’t bad for a QB like him. 

I would rather use the draft picks on skill guys tbh.

30 million a year!? And what if he is proven to be damaged goods? He'll be 32 when training camp rolls around. We can't afford to take an L on another high risk signing like that.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Because 32 isn’t old for a QB in the NFL anymore. The same people that says that it’s too old are the same people who want Cam back and he’s the same age but with a bum arm. 

I’m not saying it’s the best idea, but he fits Reich’s offense and I would rather do that than invest in the 3rd or 4th best QB in a below average draft class. 

I would take my chances with Carr, resign Burns, Bozeman and a couple depth FAs. And use the draft capital on guys like Mayer, Kincaid, Eichenburg, Campbell, Robinson, Johnson, etc.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

3 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

@CamWhoaaCamsince you keep shitting on my posts tell me your idea? Wasn’t it to spend the 9th overall pick on this guy?

425C7F50-5D31-4323-AEDC-E94A9C6EEDBE.jpeg

You making this personal.

My idea is to trade up for Stroud or Young. If we stay at #9 im fine with taking Levis or AR.

But I been against a trading or signing another castoff vet QB from another team. Carr is a horrible idea and it will lead us nowhere as a team. We need a franchise QB point blank.

Carr is not that and never has been. Signing him would be committing the same mistakes we have done for the past 3 years. Then you suggest giving him 30 mil a year. Like come on bro that's why I gave you poo for your posts.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

I mean Carr is probably getting cut from his team and the Bears are passing on the top QB in this class to keep Fields as their guy. It really helps to add context with stats. I think Carr is an average QB, but Fields is a 23 year old who was responsible for 25 TDs and around 3500 total yards with a terrible OL, Moony as his best WR, a defensive minded HC, in his 2nd offense in as many years, in the QB wasteland known as Chicago. 
Carr is about to be on the decline and Fields is just starting to flash (yeah he needs more work as a passer). I’d take Fields on that rookie contract for pick 9 over spending a large amount of money to acquire Carr all day long.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, frankw said:

30 million a year!? And what if he is proven to be damaged goods? He'll be 32 when training camp rolls around. We can't afford to take an L on another high risk signing like that.

The salary cap went up. $30 mil/year is mediocre starter money now.

The Panthers typically have done what I didn't want them to do under Fitt. Loading up our defense with guys who will now want mega contracts is probably the worst part. Not trading Brian "no show" Burns, whose terrible performance against TB basically cost us the playoffs, still makes me cringe.

So what would be the worst thing we could reasonably do in the draft with FItt in control? I would be upset if we traded up for Will Levis. That makes me worry that Fitt is planning to do just that. He'll wait until Levis is near our pick and trade up, which would be exactly what I don't want to happen.

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Are you planning on paying him in draft picks??

Obviously referring to if we get antsy and try to trade for him. I'm hopeful Fitterer has learned his lesson. He knows this is his last chance to get QB right. Can't do anything foolish though. This would fall under that.