• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Latest info on staff building

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

“which is not how it was deployed last year due to a variety of factors inclusive to personnel, an offense that couldn’t score”

I’ve wondered about this.  We’ve heard how this should be an attractive job due to the defensive pieces.

But how much has the other side of the ball is effecting it.  I know we hired a experienced offensive coach.  But we still have the by far worst QB room in the entire NFL.  Does a defensive guy want to come in with all the pressure of having to carry the entire team due to the dead weight of the offense?

We saw Fangio go to a team with one of the most high powered offenses in the NFL, and we later heard money wasn’t the main factor.

Yeah, we are really going to have to pitch that there is a plan to fix the QB. I wouldn't blame any defensive coach for being skeptical of our situation.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

“which is not how it was deployed last year due to a variety of factors inclusive to personnel, an offense that couldn’t score”

I’ve wondered about this.  We’ve heard how this should be an attractive job due to the defensive pieces.

But how much has the other side of the ball is effecting it.  I know we hired a experienced offensive coach.  But we still have the by far worst QB room in the entire NFL.  Does a defensive guy want to come in with all the pressure of having to carry the entire team due to the dead weight of the offense?

We saw Fangio go to a team with one of the most high powered offenses in the NFL, and we later heard money wasn’t the main factor.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, we are really going to have to pitch that there is a plan to fix the QB. I wouldn't blame any defensive coach for being skeptical of our situation.

Pretty sure she was referring to the Broncos offense since they were discussing Evero.

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, Prowler2k18 said:

This ^^^ it would be asking Wilks to accept a demotion of sorts. I also get the feeling that Tepper wants to take things in a different direction - defense included. And while the optics may be a little fishy from a legal standpoint, based on the inconsistencies we’ve seen - and the possibilities with the young core players - you can’t really blame him.

It would be a promotion considering he was the secondary coach last year coming in. They could have at least discussed the option as DC considering the last time the Panthers were in the playoffs was with Wilks as DC.

• Poo 2

3 hours ago, ncfan said:

Our offense could be very attractive if my Mock Drafts work out. 

Anthony Richardson/trade down and get O'Cyrus Torrance, Dalton Kincaid, Zach Charbonnet, Mims...

With Reich's system fitting Corral well, I'd be will to go with the trade down and grab the best OG, RB, TE, and one of the more underrated receivers.

But...im not drafting so none of that poo is going to happen. We are going to mortgage our future for a middling QB and it's going to be the same dog and pony show for the next five years. 

My picks sees us add potential Pro Bowl guys at important offensive positions. There are some good Day 3 candidates at edge rusher, corner, and safety. And if you don't like the Kincaid pick you could likely get Will Mallory in the 5th round (Greg Olsen incarnate in my opinion).

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Wr have a Rookie 3rd rounder that we traded up to get. He also didn't have a real off-season last year because we were trying to get a short-term fix to a long-term problem. Giving him 10 snaps per practice at training camp and then throwing him in for a full two quarters in preseason was a massive problem and it was Rhule's fault. 

With an actual NFL staff, I'll be excited to see what Corral can do, given proper opportunities. Corral fits exactly what Reich wants so that may be part of what enticed him to come here. 

Ask yourself this, what would Corral have looked like in San Fransisco? I can't help but believe he would've had quite a bit of success as well. Maybe especially so due to his mobility and quick release.

People are sleeping on this dude for absolutely no reason. They saw the preseason games and hardly anyone remembers how Rhule was diving up reps to QB's. 

Dude has some elite physical traits and appears to have the leadership factor, given the opportunity. There is a lot to like.

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

With Reich's system fitting Corral well, I'd be will to go with the trade down and grab the best OG, RB, TE, and one of the more underrated receivers.

Why waste a high pick on an OG? That makes no sense.... its not a position of need nor is it a position you spend high capital on.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 2

29 minutes ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

We have Christenson, Corbett, and Mays. No need to waste a high pick on a guard.

Yes and the first two are coming off surgery 

ankle for Brady and very serious knee surgery for Austin (as in probably not ready to play until mid-October at best, serious)

the Panthers need quality depth and they don’t  have it, at all positions 

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Yes and the first two are coming off surgery 

ankle for Brady and very serious knee surgery for Austin (as in probably not ready to play until mid-October at best, serious)

the Panthers need quality depth and they don’t  have it, at all positions 

Knee injured for guards are not as bad as they are so skill players. Corbett said his rehab is scheduled to end in June and he would be able to participate in football activities come August.

where did you see mid October?

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Our offense could be very attractive if my Mock Drafts work out. 

Anthony Richardson/trade down and get O'Cyrus Torrance, Dalton Kincaid, Zach Charbonnet, Mims...

But...im not drafting so none of that poo is going to happen. We are going to mortgage our future for a middling QB and it's going to be the same dog and pony show for the next five years. 

My picks sees us add potential Pro Bowl guys at important offensive positions. There are some good Day 3 candidates at edge rusher, corner, and safety. And if you don't like the Kincaid pick you could likely get Will Mallory in the 5th round (Greg Olsen incarnate in my opinion).

Woah, woah, woah - the only time you should mention Mallory and Olsen in the same breath is when you're referencing that they went to the same university. 

• Pie 1