• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Latest info on staff building

Mr. Scot

So let me get this straight. They didn’t feel comfortable offering Wilks a position because they interviewed him for a head coaching position yet were interviewing Evero after interviewing him for HC position. I totally gets Wilks stance to move on but from a Panthers perspective that can’t look to good for his lawsuit 

Just now, B_Eazi said:

So let me get this straight. They didn’t feel comfortable offering Wilks a position because they interviewed him for a head coaching position yet were interviewing Evero after interviewing him for HC position. I totally gets Wilks stance to move on but from a Panthers perspective that can’t look to good for his lawsuit 

And to add I’m definitely on board with the Evero hire 

3 minutes ago, B_Eazi said:

Wilkes was the head coach here in an interim capacity. That’s what made it weird.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, falconlynx said:

Wilkes was the head coach here in an interim capacity. That’s what made it weird.

This ^^^ it would be asking Wilks to accept a demotion of sorts. I also get the feeling that Tepper wants to take things in a different direction - defense included. And while the optics may be a little fishy from a legal standpoint, based on the inconsistencies we’ve seen - and the possibilities with the young core players - you can’t really blame him.

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

This ^^^ it would be asking Wilks to accept a demotion of sorts. I also get the feeling that Tepper wants to go in a different direction - defense included. And while the optics may be a little fishy from a legal standpoint, based on the inconsistencies we’ve seen - and the possibilities with young core players - you can’t really blame him.

Trust me I get it.. but to publicly make that statement of not offering him a position for that sole purpose and to double back on Evero.. again to me just doesn’t help the case

• Beer 1
  • Poo 3

14 minutes ago, B_Eazi said:

Trust me I get it.. but to publicly make that statement of not offering him a position for that sole purpose and to double back on Evero.. again to me just doesn’t help the case

For Evero, it's a promotion.

For Wilks, it would have been a demotion.

• Pie 6

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Re: Proehl

Looked up Beebe and apparently he's the head coach at a small private college in Illinois.

Not a problem and this is easily fixed.  1. Tepper looks under sofa tonight for spare change, 2. Tepper buys out the XFL team tomorrow, 3. Ricky becomes Panthers WR position coach on Monday, 4. 2 best players and Ricky’s son from XFL team signed to Panthers practice squad on Tuesday.  Easy, peasy…

• Flames 1

IF (huge "if") we were to land Evero and one of the Philly names being kicked about, it would be hard for Wilks fanboys to be mad. 

Reich + BJ/Patullo + Duce + Evero + Evero's assistants >>> Wilks + BJ + Holcomb 

We get the experience, an offensive-focused coaching staff instead of a defensive-focused HC and a HC candidate for a DC. 

Dave Tepper, let's make this happen!! ---- and change the turf back to grass.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

I wonder if Reggie Wayne is more committed to Reich or the Colts? He was a volunteer WR advisor for a few years declining coaching opportunities there. Joined Reichs staff in 2022 and was real disappointed when Reich was fired…

D2F2969E-EE32-401C-A512-158045401DF1.thumb.jpeg.75eb266902e0ec3e54dd1b6ccca7c02b.jpeg

Found this article on Wayne looking comfortable in that role last year at TC. Much like Duce, I like the fire and buy-in from the players….

https://horseshoeheroes.com/2022/06/14/footage-of-reggie-wayne-coaching-colts-incredible-to-watch/

Reich seems to inspire an insane amount of loyalty. Sirianni went off on one with the media when the Eagles beat the Colts this year. 

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly think Ginn was who he always was, he just had more opportunities with us because we were so bad at WR. Most teams have others guys they'd rather target than a guy only catching 45% of his targets.

Ginn took the top off of defences - something we've never replaced.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2