• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeff Howe on the Panthers "power dynamics"

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Both Reich and Fitterer are known to be easy going, non-ego driven personalities, so things are expected to go smoothly between them.

That's the best thing about this particular pairing for me. I've always loved Reich, but matching him up with another guy who is just genuinely interested in the best outcome, no matter who's gripping the wheel of the ship most tightly, has the potential for some nice - and much needed - synergy imho.

• Pie 4

40 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's the norm for a reason. Let the coach focus on coaching and let the GM focus on roster building. Yeah, it's a collaborative effort but both jobs are full time plus jobs. 

Not to mention the whole "checks and balances" thing is a proven management model.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

Not to mention the whole "checks and balances" thing is a proven management model.

We didn't need checks and balances.  We had The Process.  That makes checks and balances unnecessary.

I swear, every time I see checks and balances break down in anything, the result is a fiasco or worse.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

We didn't need checks and balances.  We had The Process.  That makes checks and balances unnecessary.

I swear, every time I see checks and balances break down in anything, the result is a fiasco or worse.

College coaches are basically king of all they survey.

Rhule said in an interview he gave while still at Baylor that full control was a non-negotiable for him taking an NFL job.

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Anxious to see what it looks like in a true collaboration.

Wondering where those guys are who kept on pushing that idea that Rhule didn't have total control over the roster. 

I remember someone telling me Fitts had all the power during the draft. And while our last draft was a little different from the previous, I remember telling that person to go back and watch when we drafted Corral (Camp Confidential). Fitt wanted to wait while Rhule basically said no sir we're doing the opposite/we're making the trade right now. Then giggled afterwards. At least that's what I took from that clip iirc. 

Fitterer has to be an extremely patient guy. I could only imagine the kind of conversations he's had behind closed doors regarding Rhule. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I remember someone telling me Fitts had all the power during the draft. And while our last draft was a little different from the previous, I remember telling that person to go back and watch when we drafted Corral (Camp Confidential). Fitt wanted to wait while Rhule basically said no sir we're doing the opposite/we're making the trade right now. Then giggled afterwards. At least that's what I took from that clip iirc. 

Fitterer has to be an extremely patient guy. I could only imagine the kind of conversations he's had behind closed doors regarding Rhule. 

Person previously wrote that Rhule's idea of "collaboration" was badgering anyone who disagreed with him continually until they caved.

27 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Anxious to see what it looks like in a true collaboration.

Wondering where those guys are who kept on pushing that idea that Rhule didn't have total control over the roster. 

I asked many of them "whos Finesserererers boss"....... seemed many never never had a boss and knew the diametrics of how it works.   

I would loooooovvvvve to know the issues rhule veto'd finessererererer and if tepper was aware of each.......

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This also from John...

This right here….never understood this either. Huge misstep by Rhule. I’m still convinced Christensen could’ve been at least a serviceable tackle if given the chance but after a bout of foot-in-mouth disease Rhule was determined make this work.