• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers land Evero as DC

UNCrules2187

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pat McAfee talks about Evero and Wilks...

If Wilks does get the 49ers DC role, it might not be hard to imagine him getting a head coaching job a year from now.

It would be hard for me to imagine it. Considering our defense got worse when he took over. 

Personally, even with all that talent, I think their defense takes a step back regardless who gets that job. Ryans was very, very good. It will be hard to replace him. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

22 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

We have alot of exciting young talent on this team, defensively.  I would assume he is going to have alot of fun utilizing them.  

If we somehow get the QB position straight we might actually be a team to talk about next season.  Pull a 2021 Cincinnati.  Worst to First. 

Didn't we finish 2nd in the division this year?

2 hours ago, xPariahx said:

I'm not a fan of the "he may only be here a year talk." Especially because it's probably gonna take time to get the proper personnel to fit his scheme.

I agree it may take a little time, but if he does well and we finish top 10 total defense he’s as good as gone. 

7 hours ago, therealmjl said:

I agree it may take a little time, but if he does well and we finish top 10 total defense he’s as good as gone. 

Maybe, but he's still a defensive coach and who knows how many openings there will be next year.  I wouldn't be so sure he's gone next year, even if it seems likely as of now.

• Pie 2

51 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I don't know anything about these guys from Denver but they can't be worse than the sum of all parts last year. 

Yeah I'm not big on position coaches aside from Campen, but he was probably going wherever Evero was going. I still can't believe we got a DC that multiple teams wanted. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1