• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why we won't get the #1 pick

DaveThePanther2008

19 minutes ago, Ball4life said:

Agree on defense but according to PFF, the falcons had the 5th best OL this year after being ranked 29th last year. Think Panthers were ranked 10th-11th this yr up from 24th the year before.

Drake London is also easily going to be a #1 WR. 333 yards in last 4 games after Falcons benched Mariota.

London had a good partial season.  But still has proven nothing.  He didn’t do anything more than Kelvin Benjamin did his rookie year.

Their OL improved.  But we’ll see how that last.  Their best OL is Matthew’s at LT who getting up there in age with a contract they talk about every year if they need to move.

19 minutes ago, ncfan said:

London had a good partial season.  But still has proven nothing.  He didn’t do anything more than Kelvin Benjamin did his rookie year.

Their OL improved.  But we’ll see how that last.  Their best OL is Matthew’s at LT who getting up there in age with a contract they talk about every year if they need to move.

True but no rookie WR has proven anything yet. Both London and Benjamin had more yards than Moore rookie year too. I like both London and Moore a lot though. 

No their best OL is easily their RG Chris Lindstrom who was not only the highest rated OL in football this past year but highest player graded player in football. Matthews was probably 3rd best on their line last yr. 
https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/chris-lindstrom/46692

Edited by Ball4life
  • Poo 1

17 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s not “fixed.” Corral went on IR all season so there are zero reasons for Reich to bet the season on a precious HC’s 3rd round QB who played 0 snaps. Third round QBs aren’t typically drafted to be starters…

We'll just have to disagree.  I just feel that had Corral not been crapped on by Rhule and given a real opportunity to work with other than scrubs he could have showed something.  Corral has a leadership quality that is being under appreciated.   It would have help us greatly had Corral been given a true look. 

I do believe that Reich will be working with him and our rookie, if we get one, to bring out the best in them.  

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

We'll just have to disagree.  I just feel that had Corral not been crapped on by Rhule and given a real opportunity to work with other than scrubs he could have showed something.  Corral has a leadership quality that is being under appreciated.   It would have help us greatly had Corral been given a true look. 

I do believe that Reich will be working with him and our rookie, if we get one, to bring out the best in them.  

Reich won’t disregard him, but our focus will be on the first round rookie if we draft one this year. Corral is a nice bonus if he works out. 

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Reich won’t disregard him, but our focus will be on the first round rookie if we draft one this year. Corral is a nice bonus if he works out. 

Agreed.  My biggest concern really is desperation and panic.  If things fall the wrong way for us and we end up trading up in a package that just doesn't make sense.   

So many teams above us that need QB or willing to trade down with teams that are trying to get ahead of us.  I don't like how the 8 teams above us factor in.  So many could grab a QB including Chicago.  

The whole purpose of the cmc trade, it seems to me,  was to get pICKS  to make a move in the draft for playmakers and depth 

cmc made no sense here anymore 

Point being, if they believe stroud is the guy, or AR, or anyone else, they need to do whatever they need to do to get him 

it is also the reason why trading to the 49ers instead of the rams hacked me off.

Trade with the descending team not stable or ascending   Unfortunately I spend a great deal of time in CA now, so I see and hear about these CA teams every day   The rams were having issues  lots of them 

anyway.  Get a QB. Period  

We don’t have one. 

We don’t need anymore expensive trash from other teams either with PTSD 

corral will get his chance to compete this year but no way is he better than CJ 

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, stratocatter said:

I see all this praise for the Offense QB genius we have hired and how he can take a number one pick and coach/develop him into a star. Sounds great. If you have a can’t miss number one, and  you can get him. 

What I have not seen is people saying what he could do for a current player that hasn’t quite caught on the the speed of the NFL game or just hasn’t put it together. Like what the Panthers have been trying to do the last two years post Bridgewater. 

We have any guitar players here? There is an analogy waiting to be made that applies. Or could. Formulated from the fact that a great player can take an average instrument or even a bad one and make it sound great. I used the word ‘fact’ because that absolutely is a fact. Anyone who has handed their instrument to a great player, and isn’t one themselves, knows this well. 

Fans may be overlooking the possibility that our best shot in the current scenario could be taken with a proverbial used Mexican Strat…  in the hands of a great player. 

I am as sick of the reclamation bargain bin as anyone else, but the last three times we did not have a guy that could do much with them. Now we do and that is what makes it different this time around. 

One more time with the right people involved probably gets us somewhere, and still sitting with a 1st round pick to use on offensive weapons, defensive beef, etc. 

I just don’t think any of these college QBs are worth not having a first round pick for the next two or three years. A bad draft day decision there at this point would mean years of setback. Years. Who sees a can’t miss that we would have a shot at?  Not me. I don’t believe there is one. 

So I won’t flip out all over the top Huddle style if that is the way they go.

Can’t miss? Huh? We’re talking about the draft.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Growl said:

Can’t miss? Huh? We’re talking about the draft.

Checked in right on time for this.

Noted, but come on. There are degrees or levels of confidence in the prospects of these prospects. I think you know this. 

I am not making a professional judgement on these QB prospects but I surely hope the people who are pros have a high bar for can't miss and the maturity, restraint or whatever, to say no if they don't truly measure up. 

I have my Rhules too, on measureables, and they are about on a par with his (but mine are free).  One of mine that is not negotiable is no shrimps at qB. No fast little scatback types. i am sorry. Love Mugsy Bogues, love small dudes that do hang with the big guys but this is the NFL and it is the premiere position. 

No Chris Weinkes either. Guys who were two and three years older and more mature than their competition in NCAA. And I like my QBs to be passers first that's for sure. 

Bottom line is if the men that run things aren't doing their best to hide their excitement over a top 3 draftable type, I don't want them making the move. That's all. 

edit: move, means a big trade to move up.

Edited by stratocatter

57 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Agreed.  My biggest concern really is desperation and panic.  If things fall the wrong way for us and we end up trading up in a package that just doesn't make sense.   

So many teams above us that need QB or willing to trade down with teams that are trying to get ahead of us.  I don't like how the 8 teams above us factor in.  So many could grab a QB including Chicago.  

Chicago is not grabbing a QB. 

• Pie 2

Now you see why I was in tank mode, dipshits?  Those Lions and Saints victories are not longer making me feel like a winner, as if the sweet nectar of the Lombardi is dripping into my vision of the future.

Not sure that ended the way I designed it, but it is a bit poetic, so I am staying with it.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I don't think they will, but some have said Fields isn't the answer.  Many love Fields but some, especially those in charge think otherwise.   I think they are trying to trade the pick but may pull a surprise even if they move down.

The higher ups in Chicago love him. Not sure where you’re seeing those in charge think otherwise. As do the other players. They are going to trade the pick or go defense first overall. 

DJ Moore in 2023 will cost more than the entire Bears WR room did this season. The problem isn’t the QB. I think the Bears WR room cost 11 million against the cap. For all of them. It was bad. 

• Pie 2

29 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Now you see why I was in tank mode, dipshits?  Those Lions and Saints victories are not longer making me feel like a winner, as if the sweet nectar of the Lombardi is dripping into my vision of the future.

Not sure that ended the way I designed it, but it is a bit poetic, so I am staying with it.

Yep each of those meaningless wins really screwed us like many of us said they would at the time

We’re talking about an extra 1st rounder we will most likely have to send now

But hey, we’ll always have those glorious bragging rights over the Saints with that amazing 10-7 win! That’ll for sure carry on over to next season!

• Pie 1