• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another Special Juan clickbait thread (aka nothing to see here)

TheSpecialJuan

3 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Be that as it may, he’s still the best QB we’ve had since Cam’s shoulder died. 

edit: to clarify, I’d be fine with bringing him back cheap to be a bridge/backup to whomever we draft in the first this year, not as a long term plan. 

Which isn’t saying much at all. He still is a terrible QB. 
You don’t want him to be your starter because he will cause you to lose games. 

5 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

We want to make the playoffs not be limited because our QB is a liability. 
Which Darnold will always be. He has, maybe 3 to 4 “ good” games in him and then he falls off a cliff. 
He isn’t a QB you want starting all season. . 

That’s why I said play him until the new kid is ready. I don’t think he should be the answer for the whole season. But I’d rather start with him and have a rookie waiting than trade for Carr. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Kentucky Panther said:

That’s why I said play him until the new kid is ready. I don’t think he should be the answer for the whole season. But I’d rather start with him and have a rookie waiting than trade for Carr. 

I’d rather have Brissett if we have to go the bridge route. 
I have see enough of Darnold to know we can’t trust him long enough to have the team in the right spot for the rookie to take over. 
Likely what will happen is we force the rookie into action too early because Darnold’s expiration date arrived. 

Darnold, like every backup, HAS an expiration date. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

We want to make the playoffs not be limited because our QB is a liability. 

The only shot we have at playoffs is because we play in the worst division in the NFL. I think we need to sign a bridge qb, pick AR at #9 (or Stroud but he won't fall that much), and then fill holes with the other picks. We need to quit trading picks for some player we think is going to get us over the top. We aren't anywhere near the top.  By the time Corral or AR is ready to play, we will have a solid team built around them and then we can shoot for the stars. Could be as early as '24 but it's not happening in '23. Our ceiling in '23 is a first round drubbing.  

• Poo 1

If we don't end up with one of those top 4 QB's im going to be disappointed because that likely means we are going the vet QB route again which means another 1st round draft pick in the 10-15 range next year.

We just delaying our franchise QB chase every year. It has to stop with this draft. Go get our QB!

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If we don't end up with one of those top 4 QB's im going to be disappointed because that likely means we are going the vet QB route again which means another 1st round draft pick in the 10-15 range next year.

We just delaying our franchise QB chase every year. It has to stop with this draft. Go get our QB!

It ultimately isn’t up to us though. Teams have to want to trade with us and/or teams ahead of us have to not take all the QBs.