• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Latter round QBs

DaveThePanther2008

7 minutes ago, ncsfinest21 said:

I think Duggan will be a good late rd pick. He got pummeled in the championship game. But 1 game shouldnt be the deciding factor, especially when your going up against a team that could beat half the NFL. I think he has the mobility and skills and especially if we go Quentin in the first.

Not that the Senior bowl is guage but he was noted for having a good Senior Bowl run.  Duggan is one of those guys that is going to fall in the 2nd round and end up being a steal.  He just gives me that winner's mentality that some show and some don't. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The one article I read had him at #10.  Two solid seasons at Houston.  

It's interesting to me what Reich sees in the upcoming prospects.  Is there a QB that is being overlooked because he come from a small school or had a bad record last year.

There are so many different ways to approach this offseason and the QB position that I change what I want us to do every week. I'm mostly interested in seeing how he evaluates where we are as a team. If he thinks we're ready to seriously compete, I think we move for a specific quarterback. If he thinks we're a few years away, might be a bit more passive. It's going to be a fun few months

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CamTheMan said:

There are so many different ways to approach this offseason and the QB position that I change what I want us to do every week. I'm mostly interested in seeing how he evaluates where we are as a team. If he thinks we're ready to seriously compete, I think we move for a specific quarterback. If he thinks we're a few years away, might be a bit more passive. It's going to be a fun few months

We have a good defense and anytime you can put a quality defense on the field you have a good chance of making the playoffs.  That said, Reich has to be 100% certain he can get our rookie to win games in his first season.  We all know that isn't an easy task.  

I think 2023 QB situation is not going to end well regardless of who we draft and when.  I just don't see one of these rookies or a career backup coming in and being a difference maker.

I hope I am wrong but I'm not betting the store. 

6 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Tell that to all the guys that jumped on the Stroud bandwagon after the Georgia game.

People were on his “bandwagon” well well before then.

Its crazy how quickly we forget people were talking him up this time last year the same way we are talking about Drake and Caleb Today

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, CamTheMan said:

I'm pretty high on Jaren Hall. He has some raw talent and his intangibles seem to be off the charts. Main concern seems to be age and injury history. 

Clayton Tune is the one I think could be a real stud though. He's big, not too old (23 now, 24 by draft), mobile, and is damn good at football. Smaller college, not great competition. I think once you get past that and just look at his talent and production alone, he's a baller. I'm not saying he should be a first rounder, but some of his film flashes that kind of talent. SMU game is crazy good film imo. 

Clayton Tune - Houston QB #3 vs SMU (2022)

I like Tune

I think you have to go to the Bill Parcells QB thoughts.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/165172-brock-purdy-parcells-rules/ (first hit in google!)

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2022-nfl-draft-qb-class-bill-parcells-rules/ (context on KP versus Golden Corral)

So there's that.  I think if you're drafting a late QB flyer - get them with those traits to have the best shot at hitting on the late round QB.

Funny enough, we might see more QBs plucked late hoping to hit on the Brock Purdy jackpot.  The reality is that Purdy played well in Shanahan's offense, which is one of the most QB friendly in the entire league.  QBs are so incredibly important.