• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Athletic mock from today Top 6 picks

raleigh-panther

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

https://www.si.com/college/florida/.amp/football/florida-gators-anthony-richardson-gervon-dexter-freaks-list-2022

Richardson is already squatting 500 at Florida while being several years younger than Hurts who was a senior at Oklahoma. He cleans 325, runs a 4.4, and can launch a football 75 yards like he did at the Manning camp. I’m telling you he is a freak of nature. If he has Hurts’ work ethic, he might be worth moving up for… If Reich likes him in the interviews I will be happy if we draft him (obviously preferably at 9).

I didn’t know about him squatting 500

At his size, good lord 

Would love to see a video of that

• Pie 1

While I understand the idea that Anderson shouldn't go that high. 

As far as whether he's worth it or not. The team must figure out who is their guy whom they most want....thennjust go get him.  

When it comes to QB,s trying to argue their value in the draft doesn't mean much is a league so hungry for good quarterbacks. 

• Pie 2

The issue of course is there are four teams ahead of us that definitely need a QB (Houston, Indy, Vegas and ATL) and you could make an argument for Chicago, Arizona, Detroit and Seattle too. 

And there is a pretty big drop from the fourth and fifth QB prospect. So there is certainly risk in hoping your guy drops to 9.

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

I like Richardson's potential, but passing up Young for him would be a mistake. And that's not even counting whatever it would cost to move up that far in the draft.

The writer of this article must cover the NBA or MLB because he is certainly not tuned into the NFL Draft.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

https://www.si.com/college/florida/.amp/football/florida-gators-anthony-richardson-gervon-dexter-freaks-list-2022

Richardson is already squatting 500 at Florida while being several years younger than Hurts who was a senior at Oklahoma. He cleans 325, runs a 4.4, and can launch a football 75 yards like he did at the Manning camp. I’m telling you he is a freak of nature. If he has Hurts’ work ethic, he might be worth moving up for… If Reich likes him in the interviews I will be happy if we draft him (obviously preferably at 9).

Man…he can’t pass the football reading defenses at all.  Even if he learns defensive schemes and understands where to go with the ball (very dubious) can he deliver the ball accurately?  I don’t think he will ever be able to do either.  I totally hope I am wrong cuz I would love to see him be great in this league.  

A team might draft him and in 3 years make him a TE.  Just my opinion 

This is kinda silly,  he is going to bust.  Ignoring all of his faults is exactly why first round QBs bust

Edited by Shocker

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

And NONE of that makes a great QB. Neat ... he's a big fast machine. Maybe he should play TE. You don't gamble on physique hoping he can become a more accurate passer one day when you draft your franchise QB. You draft a guy who can pass, read the D, pass, step up in the pocket, pass, keep calm, and pass. After that, you can bulk him up and work on his speed.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Santee_Panther said:

The issue of course is there are four teams ahead of us that definitely need a QB (Houston, Indy, Vegas and ATL) and you could make an argument for Chicago, Arizona, Detroit and Seattle too. 

And there is a pretty big drop from the fourth and fifth QB prospect. So there is certainly risk in hoping your guy drops to 9.

In the last 10 drafts no more than 3 were picked before our pick at 9.  Just saying....

13 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

And NONE of that makes a great QB. Neat ... he's a big fast machine. Maybe he should play TE. You don't gamble on physique hoping he can become a more accurate passer one day when you draft your franchise QB. You draft a guy who can pass, read the D, pass, step up in the pocket, pass, keep calm, and pass. After that, you can bulk him up and work on his speed.

It was a response to Hurts being physically stronger than Richardson. He literally posted a video of Hurts squatting 500 and 600 pounds so I showed AR doing 500.