• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dom Capers hired

TheSpecialJuan

On 2/12/2023 at 12:09 AM, UnluckyforSome said:

He was on Rome the other day and the possibility was brought up, with the Panthers changing over from the previous coaches. Smith said he knows very well what his limitations are, and he does not think of himself as a leader of men. He went on to say that he had coached 1 of his kids flag football team, and even that was pushing the limit. He's probably right in that he doesn't have the patience for it.

I can see him now in the Spartanburg heat whipping some second round WR's ass for continuously running wrong routes and or verbal DBs talking smack in practice. 

• Pie 2

Interesting to me from the Athletic article

"He’s got enough multiplicity in the scheme, which I think is really important in this day and age. From one week to the next, if you’ve got a key player injured, you’ve gotta be able to have enough flexibility where you can put your best players on the field. He did a great job of that in Denver this year. We battled injuries and he still kept us right up there.Three-quarters of the way through the season, we were in the top five in about everything. We had some injuries (to defensive end Dre’Mont Jones and outside linebacker Randy Gregory, among others) there at the end (and) fell off just a little bit. We were very competitive and I credit Ejiro for that. There were times that we changed the scheme a lot in one week. So he had enough flexibility there that based on who he had available, he would utilize it."

"I’ve always been intrigued by Burns as an outside rusher. This defense over the years, we’ve had great success with the outside people and a lot of production out of them. And the production he had last year (12 1/2 sacks and 22 quarterback hits, both career highs) speaks for itself. (Derrick) Brown was one of the top guys coming out in the draft. I think he’s a very talented guy, as well as (Jaycee) Horn from a coverage standpoint. So it’ll be fun going in and really taking a good look at the defensive personnel. I’ve always believed that you’ve got enough flexibility in your scheme that you try to feature your best players. I think Ejiro did a great job of that last year. Pat Surtain was one of the top two or three corners in the league.

Playing to our strengths, I love it. We got some real deal talent on defense, lets take advantage. 

Edited by PanthersGTI