• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated Staff (as of 2-17-23)

Mr. Scot

Just now, L-TownCat said:

If they don't land their "guy" from PHI/KC what are the chances Reich gives Duece the OC title and resumes play calling himself?

I think he will call plays himself this season. Unless he lands someone he trusts enough to let them call the plays from the start I just don't see that happening next season.  He might surprise me with that but he hasn't gotten where he is today without calling the plays himself. 

• Pie 3

My sense is the reason Staley's title is TBD is because if we don't land Johnson, Reich will retain playcalling duties and Staley will be the OC in name. I read somewhere else that Campen has experience as a run game coordinator so he could take on both OL and run game duties. 

Thomas Brown would be a nice fallback option too, but if the Bucs want him they can offer playcalling since Bowles wouldn't be involved there.

Edited by UNCrules2187

I initially thought Patullo would be Reich's guy, but the way dominos are falling, I don't think we snag anyone from PHI. Patullo probably goes with Steichen to be the OC and Johnson stays in PHI w/ a promotion and his ties to Hurts. 

At that point, Thomas Brown has to be the guy. I don't see why he would choose TB over us and the potential we have with our coaching staff and a say in the new QB1. 

Landing Brown would be the final cherry on top of an unbelievable hiring cycle for Carolina.

• Pie 5

3 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I initially thought Patullo would be Reich's guy, but the way dominos are falling, I don't think we snag anyone from PHI. Patullo probably goes with Steichen to be the OC and Johnson stays in PHI w/ a promotion and his ties to Hurts. 

At that point, Thomas Brown has to be the guy. I don't see why he would choose TB over us and the potential we have with our coaching staff and a say in the new QB1. 

Landing Brown would be the final cherry on top of an unbelievable hiring cycle for Carolina.

Having full autonomy over playcalling under a defensive HC would be one reason

13 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I dont know if the TB job is attractive right now. They have interviewed a lot of people for that role. It's viewed similiar to how the OC position was viewed here this time last year.

There's definitely the job security part to consider. Another sub par year and without Arians and Brady, the Bucs could decide to move on from Bowles.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

The OC search has been more secretive than the daily ufo shoot downs going on.  

I think most everyone thought he was waiting for someone on the Eagles staff to become available. But I'm starting to think it's more for the Colts to get their crap together. 

Waiting for the Colts to get their crap together may take years.  Like whenever the next heir to the Irsay throne is crowned.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I saw a Super Bowl media day interview with Josh Jacobs and when asked where he’ll play next he said somewhere with no taxes like Tampa, Jacksonville, or Miami. That’s why he’d pick Tampa over Carolina 

4 minutes ago, The Crown and the Claw said:

Staley has been named AHC and RB coach in the building. I don’t know why this hasn’t been more widely reported yet but it would be very improbable he’s named OC. 

Yeah, that's pretty much what was expected.

Edited by Mr. Scot