• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated Staff (as of 2-17-23)

Mr. Scot

Panthers expected to hire Jonathan Cooley as DB coach 

As first reported by Jourdan Rodrigue of The Athletic and later confirmed by Mike Kaye of The Charlotte Observer, the Panthers plan to hire Jonathan Cooper as their next defensive backs coach. Cooper has spent the last three seasons with the Los Angeles Rams, where he crossed paths with Carolina’s new defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero.

• Pie 3

Wide Receivers Coach: TBD - Hoping Wayne comes over from Indy

Tight Ends Coach: TBD - Wonder if we hire Brown if Jake Peetz could be a boomerang option?

Defensive Line Coach: TBD - Eric Henderson in LA won DL Coach of the Year. Doubt McVay lets him go, but would be a solid hire with ties to Evero and Cooley. The homer in me wants Buckner here for a reunion.

Safeties Coach: TBD - Mike Mitchell. Please....and thank you. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/andy-reid-hints-at-oc-eric-bieniemy-possibly-needing-to-leave-chiefs-to-get-head

What was notable was that Reid didn’t deny the possibility that Bieniemy might have to go elsewhere to earn his first head coaching opportunity.

“Eric Bieniemy has been tremendous for us, and I think he’s tremendous for the National Football League,” Reid said. “I’m hoping he has an opportunity to go somewhere and do his thing, where he can run the show and be Eric Bieniemy.”

Mentions the Commanders as possible destination but sure Tepper would throw alot of money for him. 

8 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Panthers expected to hire Jonathan Cooley as DB coach 

As first reported by Jourdan Rodrigue of The Athletic and later confirmed by Mike Kaye of The Charlotte Observer, the Panthers plan to hire Jonathan Cooper as their next defensive backs coach. Cooper has spent the last three seasons with the Los Angeles Rams, where he crossed paths with Carolina’s new defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero.

Lol I know Jonathan and I’m geeked for him to be coaching the Panthers. I texted him but I’m absolutely positive my text is likely towards the bottom in regards to getting a text back but if I can glean even a morsel of info I’ll pass it down the line. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Here's an out of the blue statement...

Orlovsky is the one who last year pointed out a "tell" In the Panthers offensive formations.

Seems like letting the coordinators get their own guys only worked out on the DC side. Just WR and TE coaches left for an OC to have possible input on I believe

3 hours ago, Squirrel said:

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/andy-reid-hints-at-oc-eric-bieniemy-possibly-needing-to-leave-chiefs-to-get-head

What was notable was that Reid didn’t deny the possibility that Bieniemy might have to go elsewhere to earn his first head coaching opportunity.

“Eric Bieniemy has been tremendous for us, and I think he’s tremendous for the National Football League,” Reid said. “I’m hoping he has an opportunity to go somewhere and do his thing, where he can run the show and be Eric Bieniemy.”

Mentions the Commanders as possible destination but sure Tepper would throw alot of money for him. 

bring him in. the only issue for him is how much will be be seen as a playcaller here. it doesn't matter how much he actually does, it's all about perception and if he worked for a HC who wasn't an OC at one time and called plays then it would be obvious. 

i think he'd be a great asset. 

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

bring him in. the only issue for him is how much will be be seen as a playcaller here. it doesn't matter how much he actually does, it's all about perception and if he worked for a HC who wasn't an OC at one time and called plays then it would be obvious. 

Not sure how I feel about him, but coming here would not help him.  He needs to go to a team where the HC is a defensive guy.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Not sure how I feel about him, but coming here would not help him.  He needs to go to a team where the HC is a defensive guy.

I agree, he’ll forever be in that shadow if he’s continually with an offensive guy. With that said, I’d love to have him. I just don’t believe it’s in the cards.

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Do not want. Too much information out there about him just not being an intelligent coach. He is more of an associate to Andy Reid than he is a creative mind at the OC position. 

Eric is struggling to leave KC for a reason. I don’t want to be the team that puts that reason out in front the nation. KC has done a helluva job hiding it.

• Pie 1

I’m optimistic that the coaches will work well together, one small concern is the idea of “too many cooks in the kitchen”. You have several assistants with years of head coaching experience and guys who have interviewed for HC positions the last couple of years. If things go sideways, will Reich be able to keep those egos in line? I think he will be; Caldwell for example goes back with Reich. 

• Pie 1