• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns if traded

razorwolf

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Burns peak value was probably the Rams offer. Sincerely hope I am wrong but that was an insane offer.

Maybe he is worth more as a bargaining chip than picks to trade up and get our QB.

Which would be a better move. Especially if it allows us to keep some first(s). 

It would be a bad move if we still give up ours picks in which case we could’ve salvaged some for the offer.

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Maybe he is worth more as a bargaining chip than picks to trade up and get our QB.

Which would be a better move. Especially if it allows us to keep some first(s). 

It would be a bad move if we still give up ours picks in which case we could’ve salvaged some for the offer.

I wish I could believe that but we probably just plain fuged that up. To be clear, I really like Burns but that price was franchise QB level.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Coaches watched him do nothing in the TB game?

I don’t believe teams look at a player on a one game basis. The guy is 24 years old, improves tackles and sacks every year, and potential to keep getting better and better. He’s already a pro bowl player and had 17 tackles for loss with……..who else to game plan for at the other DE position?

All while switching defensive schemes what seems like year after year. If you are the opposing team do you ever double any other DE on our team? 

• Pie 1

Just now, WarPanthers89 said:

I don’t believe teams look at a player on a one game basis. The guy is 24 years old, improves tackles and sacks every year, and potential to keep getting better and better. He’s already a pro bowl player and had 17 tackles for loss with……..who else to game plan for at the other DE position?

All while switching defensive schemes what seems like year after year. If you are the opposing team do you ever double any other DE on our team? 

Burns was shut down 1v1. Teams notice that. It matters.