• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Poll: What do you want Panthers to do for QB?

NAS

What do you want Panthers to do this offseason?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want Panthers to do regarding QB situation this offseason

• Draft best available QB at current draft position (#9)
    • Trade up with Bears (#1) and draft a QB (whatever it takes)
    • Trade up with Cardinals (#3) and draft a QB (whatever it takes)
    • Sign Derek Carr and draft best available player at #9
    • Trade for Lamar Jackson, fully guaranteed contract (Watson like trade)

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

My honest answer would be "whatever this staff wants".

We've got a smart coaching staff with tons of NFL experience, including plenty in the quarterback department.

I'm on board with whatever they think.

Yep! If they want to take a shot in the draft or free agency, I'm good with it. If they dont, I'm good with that as well. I do know that it's not smart to try and force anything, and I don't believe that our current staff will allow it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

Staying put for Levis/AR> trading for Bryce >trading for Stroud.

Renner has stroud organically falling to us at 9, which I’ll take. Can’t kill our future for a trade we probably don’t have to make.

It seems everything hinges on what the Bears do with that 1st pick. Huston and the Colts will go qb with their picks no doubt. If the bears do trade it then everything is turned upside down. 

Edited by Jon Snow

57 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I think that we can move a little money around and frontload a 2 year deal...not ideal, but we can do it.

Even if it made sense for the Panthers, I don't think Carr chose to be a free agent to sign a 2 year bridge QB deal.  He will have other suiters for a bigger deal.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Of course they will.  We would get raped. There's not a qb is this draft worth getting raped over.

No QB in the draft is ever worth getting raped over because nobody knows how they will do as a pro and that includes CRA's three.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Manning, Luck, Trevor.  

That said, if you don't have a franchise QB, you do what you have to do to get one and that includes paying a high price in draft picks to get one. If the FO and coaches feel that Young, Stroud, Levis, or Richardson can be the guy, they're going to have to do whatever it takes to get him.

30 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Don’t want Carr here, but that sounds like Stafford at Detroit…

My first thought too. 

I’d rather draft and develop a rookie and Corral, and have a clear bridge QB.

Carr is better than that though, and I’m trying to get in the head of Fitt/Reich if they brought him in. 

Just seems like a waste if we bring in Carr AND draft QB at 9, especially if Corral is already there, and maybe Reich likes Eason too. 

Carr is “win right away”, and there are better uses at 9 if that’s what the goal is. 

• Pie 1

I have never really been a fan of this draft class.  I will admit that Stroud probably has the best chance to succeed, especially with Reich but I like the Carr option best.

Reich sees something in Carr.  It's pretty well-known Reich tried to get Carr in Indy several times.  Signing Carr would give us a chance to bolster the WR Corp with the best WR in the class. (Most teams ahead of us are looking QB or Defense) and use our two 2nd round picks BPA. Or, if available, draft one of the top 4 rookies if one were to fall to #9.  

The first option would give Reich and Co. the opportunity to see what Corral can do as a backup to Carr.  If we go for the 2nd option than we would have two young QBs to battle it out to back up Carr. 

If by some chance Carr, rookie and Corral fail than we go all in to trade up in 2024 for the Best QB in the draft. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It seems everything hinges on what the Bears do with that 1st pick. Huston and the Colts will go qb with their picks no doubt. If the bears do trade it then everything is turned upside down. 

I think it depends on traction for AROD to LV. If say GB has that pick, I think they’ll be wanting just whatever premium talent they can get. I really think we organically end up with stroud if HOU falls in love with Levis. It’s gonna be a fun off season.

• Beer 1

There are options not available in the questionaire.

Take best player on the board at #9.

Look to take either the Georgia or TCU QB in the third round (one or both will be available).

Snag a decent vet/journeyman QB after the draft in free agency and develop the team, develop Corral and the new QB. 

There's a good chance that the fourth best QB is the best QB left on the board at pick number nine. That fourth best QB might well be available around pick 75ish. 

It'd be smarter to grab the best DE, TE, LB, CB at 9 and get a future star than just the also ran that is left at QB.

1 minute ago, Eric4280 said:

I think it depends on traction for AROD to LV. If say GB has that pick, I think they’ll be wanting just whatever premium talent they can get. I really think we organically end up with stroud if HOU falls in love with Levis. It’s gonna be a fun off season.

I agree the FA is going to effect this draft when it comes to QB. Where Rpsges goes will cause projection adjustments league wide. Carr may not depending where he goes in the nfcs, if that is where he goes.

If the Ravens flip LJ for a butt load of picks look for them to work out a trade with the Bears if they can. If they do flip him I hope it's not to us.

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I agree the FA is going to effect this draft when it comes to QB. Where Rpsges goes will cause projection adjustments league wide. Carr may not depending where he goes in the nfcs, if that is where he goes.

If the Ravens flip LJ for a butt load of picks look for them to work out a trade with the Bears if they can. If they do flip him I hope it's not to us.

He's a talent but he is asking way too much.  I don't think any team can absorb the money he wants and still build a quality team.  He's more about "SHOW ME THE MONEY" than winning a Super Bowl.  

• Beer 1