• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yes please

NAS

After the way Chitown got fleeced in teh Trubisky trade, do you really want to be the team to get fleeced by them a few short years later? 

Hard No…

Rather stick with Corral & what have you instead of that…

Are any of the qb’s really worth trading the farm for?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

55 minutes ago, j2sgam said:

After the way Chitown got fleeced in teh Trubisky trade, do you really want to be the team to get fleeced by them a few short years later? 

Hard No…

Rather stick with Corral & what have you instead of that…

Are any of the qb’s really worth trading the farm for?

There are Young folks, and there are Stroud folks. There are folks who don't care if we trade the farm as long as we get their QB. And there are folks who just want to get it right. 

Same story, different versions. And all are true.

Edited by Gerry Green

8 hours ago, onmyown said:

anyone who thinks this won’t cost three firsts is delusional

however, throwing burns would cut that down significantly

three firsts and a second or two firsts and three seconds or burns and two firsts are way more realistic scenarios imo

Is this team in a position to win with no Burns, no first next year, or no seconds? Bryce to ME , is very damn good. I mean I think he’s got “it”. But he will not have a ton of help around him because of that pick handicap. Go on the defensive side of the ball. As polarizing as Burns is, he’s vital to what we do. Why can’t we just sit pat and take one of the four that will be available or take on someone like Carr and keep the small amount of extra picks we have. None of those QB come without a ton of positives and real negatives (some more than others)

Bryce very well may not be able to handle physicality of the nfl, that’s something I absolutely do not wish for, but it’s a possibility. 

CJ, who I think I’m the only semi low guy on, may just end up being middle of the pack. Sure the Georgia game was a nice stamp, but I’m not gonna discount that he was throwing to HANDS down the best wr in college football last year and 2 first rounders the year prior. I think his bust potential is low but I think his upside isn’t MASSIVE. I see a lot of Dak play style similarities. 

Levis and Richardson have the top physical traits in this class in different ways and maybe our new coaching school sees that they can work with the traits vs the more ready product. 

If it were as clear as Trevor in 2021, then MAYBE you gut your future and build on this. But I just don’t see THAT much separating these 4 prospects (and obviously a guy like Bryce is leaps and bounds a better qb now and more polished than an AR15) to just rid of assets. 

We haven’t had a full draft in a few years and still don’t have our early third this year. Sooner or later, it’s gonna catch up to us and we’re gonna have holes all over the place for a marginally better than the rest qb that we can’t surround with talent.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

There are Young folks, and there are Stroud folks. There are folks who don't care if we trade the farm as long as we get their QB. And there are folks who just want to get it right. 

Same story, different versions. And all are true.

..and you’re right, people feel the way they do. If the powers that be feel someway about any of the said draft picks then let’s fuggin go..

I just don’t feel that way about this years crop… I don’t know next years crop is any better, so yeah….

Not disagreeing, just hope them”folks who just want to get it right” aren’t wrong.. I just don’t see teh ROI on trading lots(future 1st) for any of these QBs … I could just be twice shy from Hurney in 08-09…

1 minute ago, j2sgam said:

..and you’re right, people feel the way they do. If the powers that be feel someway about any of the said draft picks then let’s fuggin go..

I just don’t feel that way about this years crop… I don’t know next years crop is any better, so yeah….

Not disagreeing, just hope them”folks who just want to get it right” aren’t wrong.. I just don’t see teh ROI on trading lots(future 1st) for any of these QBs … I could just be twice shy from Hurney in 08-09…

Yeah, fans are going to fan that's for sure. People laughing at Atl for what they would have to give up for Lamar. But that's exactly what would happen to us if we sell the farm to move up. Just doesn't sound smart to me.

I do hope the powers that be get it right. But it is fun watching this process compared to the last process. lol

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Question: when has a team ever given a boatload of picks to move up and it worked out for them? not saying it hasn't happened, i just don't recall any instance of anyone mortgaging the farm to get a single player and it looking good in hindsight.

It doesn't.  It only sounds plausible in a fans mind.