• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Destiny 2 - Lightfall 2/28/23

d-dave

3 hours ago, d-dave said:

I'm running the big brain:  I'm not touching crucible =P  MAYBE next iron banner...depends on the armor.  Generally I can't stand PVP in destiny since 75% of the times I'm killed, I have no idea what I could have done differently.

I generally always avoided it aside from pinnacles but I ran it some last night just to see what kind of state it was in. You definitely have to set your armor for just resilience and recovery but otherwise, I used a variety of weapons to decent effect. Single fire weapons still reign supreme as hand cannons and scouts and shotguns were the main thing I saw but it was a decent time. PvE is still the draw for me and the challenge of harder content. Haven't touched the raid yet but I'm hoping it's not obscenely easy. The Last Wish and Leviathan were great but I know most people never cleared them without cheesing them. Still felt good to do it correctly and finally clear it after about 8 hours each lol

• Beer 1

Lance Reddick died. Zavala dying in game almost has to happen next season. I know they could generate his voice via AI with all the hours of dialogue they no doubt have of the voice, but it wouldn't seem right.

Absolutely sucks. Great actor, always seemed like a great guy too.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I saw today and was shocked.  Such a cool dude, dog lover and great character actor.  He was always so fun to watch.  It sucks.

Bungie will try their best to honor him, but you know the community will hate it, regardless of whatever it is.

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, d-dave said:

I saw today and was shocked.  Such a cool dude, dog lover and great character actor.  He was always so fun to watch.  It sucks.

Bungie will try their best to honor him, but you know the community will hate it, regardless of whatever it is.

You kill Zavala. That's the right thing to do. You fuging scrap the opening for next season that you had planned, you do enough AI work with his voice to bridge the end of the season to the beginning of next, and Zavala goes down like a badass protecting Ikora, thus healing that relationship allowing her to grieve fully.

Then we fug poo up hard against the Shadow Legion and The Witness. Take down whoever the next Lieutenant is going to be (or I could see a Hive arc to sort of shake it up. I know we just had an entire expansion that was Hive focused, but Curse of Osiris has me wary of Vex focused seasons lol

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, lightsout said:

You kill Zavala. That's the right thing to do. You fuging scrap the opening for next season that you had planned, you do enough AI work with his voice to bridge the end of the season to the beginning of next, and Zavala goes down like a badass protecting Ikora, thus healing that relationship allowing her to grieve fully.

Then we fug poo up hard against the Shadow Legion and The Witness. Take down whoever the next Lieutenant is going to be (or I could see a Hive arc to sort of shake it up. I know we just had an entire expansion that was Hive focused, but Curse of Osiris has me wary of Vex focused seasons lol

Yep.  I think that Zavala is going to go.  Would be fitting as he's been here the entire time.  I'm not sure they'll do an AI performance, out of respect to Reddick and their desire to not use AI.  I think with the quantity of his line work, they will have something they can edit together.  But Commander Zavala has to go out with a bang, something Heroic.

Then does the Vanguard go away with the end of Light and Dark?  Or what else happens?  Oh, here's an interesting video about how lightfall was actually not in the plans, which would explain a LOT.

6 hours ago, d-dave said:

Yep.  I think that Zavala is going to go.  Would be fitting as he's been here the entire time.  I'm not sure they'll do an AI performance, out of respect to Reddick and their desire to not use AI.  I think with the quantity of his line work, they will have something they can edit together.  But Commander Zavala has to go out with a bang, something Heroic.

Then does the Vanguard go away with the end of Light and Dark?  Or what else happens?  Oh, here's an interesting video about how lightfall was actually not in the plans, which would explain a LOT.

I think the light and dark ends with the meeting of the two and them becoming one. Just as we've managed to use and master both the Light and Darkness.

What the story is beyond that, idk. I'd say it's likely that they are going to have to create an entirely new storyline that isn't a rehash. No shot it becomes "Hive still want the power"

2 hours ago, lightsout said:

That hit me like a ton of bricks. Feel for Crow and Mithrax. Also find it somewhat fitting to have him on the same vengeance arc we were on in Forsaken, due to Uldren.

The worst was seeing and hearing Zavala...  Too much.  

18 minutes ago, d-dave said:

The worst was seeing and hearing Zavala...  Too much.  

And the fact that he's in grief and reciting those words and just fug man. Lol. 

One thing that keeps bothering me is the fact that we still have no clue about what the Witness has done to the Traveler. And how or why we can still use the Light. And why hasn't the Witness stripped our ability to use the Darkness, or why the Darkness itself hasn't pulled away and rejected us. Like I get that the Darkness and Light don't exactly care for intention of the person granted the power (Savathun proved this for the Light, we proved it for the Darkness by being able to utilize Stasis to defeat Eramis).

So it isn't as simple as each force building an army to oppose the other. It isn't as simple as the Witness being necessarily bad. We're fighting to maintain what we know (the Traveler has provided nearly endless life and the cost is just having to ward off power grabs from bad guys). The Witness hasn't stated a single purpose other than to "liberate" us. 

I need next expansion now lol

27 minutes ago, lightsout said:

I need next expansion now lol

I'm with you there!

As much as I like the game play of LF, Strand, Neomuna and what not, the story development of the expansion was piss poor.  We shouldn't have to be going "Geez, we know nothing!" nine years into this story.  From the mcguffin like the veil to why our light powers still work in the absence of the Traveler, or even what's going on with the Traveler to why the Witness is even here to destroy the Traveler?

It's all too confusing.  My hope is that Destiny is able to start to rectify it.  I love the seasonal stories.  I feel like those are the strongest narratives in the game right now.  The Witch Queen was phenomenal from a story perspective, and I think we were all hoping for more of that style.

Calus would have been a great vessel for this since he has a strong relationship with us and Caital.  Why not have Calus capture us and Osiris at the start of the expansion.  Try to convince us to join him for the greatest party of all time, become his shadow, etc.  Then the Cloud Striders could have come in and broken things up.  They could have explained that the Veil has always been on Neptune, and is the source of their power and knowledge.  Without it, their citizens would die.  Give it a practical purpose here.

Then we could have learned what the veil was thank to all of our time spent on Calus's ship.  As a psycho-paracausal creation, the veil was instrumental in creating a bridge between the material and deeper realms?  Maybe that the veil was the key to allow travel to the Garden where the gardener and winnower wage their eternal, primordial battle between life and entropy. The Traveler is a disciple of the gardener, and the Witness is of the winnower.

That's kind of what I think is happening.  It wouldn't have taken a lot to get there, but to give us enough explanations of the major things, purposes and motivation.  It sucks that we're just not getting it in game right now.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

I'm with you there!

As much as I like the game play of LF, Strand, Neomuna and what not, the story development of the expansion was piss poor.  We shouldn't have to be going "Geez, we know nothing!" nine years into this story.  From the mcguffin like the veil to why our light powers still work in the absence of the Traveler, or even what's going on with the Traveler to why the Witness is even here to destroy the Traveler?

It's all too confusing.  My hope is that Destiny is able to start to rectify it.  I love the seasonal stories.  I feel like those are the strongest narratives in the game right now.  The Witch Queen was phenomenal from a story perspective, and I think we were all hoping for more of that style.

Calus would have been a great vessel for this since he has a strong relationship with us and Caital.  Why not have Calus capture us and Osiris at the start of the expansion.  Try to convince us to join him for the greatest party of all time, become his shadow, etc.  Then the Cloud Striders could have come in and broken things up.  They could have explained that the Veil has always been on Neptune, and is the source of their power and knowledge.  Without it, their citizens would die.  Give it a practical purpose here.

Then we could have learned what the veil was thank to all of our time spent on Calus's ship.  As a psycho-paracausal creation, the veil was instrumental in creating a bridge between the material and deeper realms?  Maybe that the veil was the key to allow travel to the Garden where the gardener and winnower wage their eternal, primordial battle between life and entropy. The Traveler is a disciple of the gardener, and the Witness is of the winnower.

That's kind of what I think is happening.  It wouldn't have taken a lot to get there, but to give us enough explanations of the major things, purposes and motivation.  It sucks that we're just not getting it in game right now.

Calus birthing Caital should've been a cutscene. Lol

But yeah that all makes sense. It sucks that that much can be deduced but they couldn't even tease any of it 

• Beer 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2023 at 1:24 PM, SOJA said:

Panthers paying tribute by drafting Zavala 

I know right?  Some one in the draft thread on reddit said the same thing lol.

Have you been encountering a TON of annoying bugs?  I got a new puppy so I've been a BIT behind the past two weeks.  Last night I tried to run some of the seasonal jailbreak heists - it seemed even worse than it was when the season started!  My god.  My jumps were floating, floors bounced us, and snipers still suck (not a bug, but a feature!).

I've kind of been let down pretty hard this season with D2.  The main lightfall campaign was fun, but had some major holes.  The seasonal story had some moments, but playing the heroic activities is such a PAIN.  I still haven't gotten an undying one.  I know I'm not some hardcore pro player, but I know mechanics, how to synergize my builds, and I've played for 10 years.  I think I should be better at these...

Hopefully season of the Deep is better....

• Pie 1