• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers met with Hooker per report

raleigh-panther

Jeremiah:

Hooker is an ultra productive QB with size, accuracy and athleticism. He operates in the Vols' unique spread attack, where they send their outside wideouts to the extreme edges of the field and force opponents to defend them in space. Hooker has outstanding field vision, makes quick decisions and delivers the ball in a position where his receivers can easily run after the catch. He doesn’t have a powerful arm, but he can make all the necessary throws. He throws a beautiful deep ball. He has the athleticism to extend plays and he’s very effective on designed QB runs. Unfortunately, he suffered an ACL injury late in the season that could jeopardize his rookie campaign. Also, his age (25) is a concern for some teams. Overall, I see Hooker as a quality starting QB and wouldn’t be shocked if he has the best career of any passer in this year's class.

Number 50 of Jeremiah's top 50. Interesting concluding opinion. I wonder if our staff sees it that way. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Jeremiah:

Hooker is an ultra productive QB with size, accuracy and athleticism. He operates in the Vols' unique spread attack, where they send their outside wideouts to the extreme edges of the field and force opponents to defend them in space. Hooker has outstanding field vision, makes quick decisions and delivers the ball in a position where his receivers can easily run after the catch. He doesn’t have a powerful arm, but he can make all the necessary throws. He throws a beautiful deep ball. He has the athleticism to extend plays and he’s very effective on designed QB runs. Unfortunately, he suffered an ACL injury late in the season that could jeopardize his rookie campaign. Also, his age (25) is a concern for some teams. Overall, I see Hooker as a quality starting QB and wouldn’t be shocked if he has the best career of any passer in this year's class.

Number 50 of Jeremiah's top 50. Interesting concluding opinion. I wonder if our staff sees it that way. 

He wouldn't be a day 1 starter. Best chance he has to start is backup to an injured vet.

Only way I take him is as a backup to a vet I was planning to use the next couple years.

• Pie 1

So here's how I hope this goes down:  Indy trades up to #1 for Young/Stroud and the Texans snags the other.  The Seahawks take Levis.  We won't move up for AR; too risky.  Vegas takes AR.

With all the first round QBs gone we snag Hooker in the 2nd.  I'll be happy with that.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 2

On 2/21/2023 at 1:55 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

Of the QB's in this draft he seems like the most safe pick. But Stroud/Young/Levis/AR are simply just more talented as QB's.

Stroud/Young/Levis/AR are simply just more talented as QB's but they not be there if the Panthers hold pat with their # 9 first rd pick.

58 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Jeremiah:

I thought the knock on him was his field vision.  He cannot process fast enough