• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF - What would it take for Panthers to trade up for #1 pick

TheSpecialJuan

5 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

No way. Young and/or Stroud could end up being busts. One thing is for sure, we would suck for all years of their rookie contract with no first round pick until 2026.  This type of move only makes sense when you have an Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence type qb coming out. 

We've sucked for the past how many years? What difference does it make? At BEST we will be mediocre with any other possible options. Even with Rodgers, we're likely one and done in the playoffs every year. If Super Bowl is the goal, you do this deal.

If Andrew Luck or Lawrence is on the board, nobody is trading out the #1 spot. It would take -extreme- luck to be in a position to trade up to #1 pick, the #1 pick be available to be traded, AND generational QB available. It's not likely to happen in our lifetimes.

Edited by Luciu5
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Imagine Fitt whiffs on that QB pick, and then we have no 1st in 2024/2025, and good free agent QBs don't want to come here. Can't do that.

Fitt whiffs, he's out of a job.

Just now, pantherj said:

let's say we take AR and he poops the bed, fine, go get another top prospect in 2024. Not the end of the world. But if we take CJ number one overall, then he has to pan out or we're bad until at least 2027.

I agree with this. BUUUT, I'm not against going to 1 if our FO sees a franchise QB in this draft. I trust them to do their jobs and be certain. And if not, they all get fired. So we either celebrate the wins or celebrate the house cleaning. Win, win! Amirite?

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Luciu5 said:

Fitt whiffs, he's out of a job.

I agree with this. BUUUT, I'm not against going to 1 if our FO sees a franchise QB in this draft. I trust them to do their jobs and be certain. And if not, they all get fired. So we either celebrate the wins or celebrate the house cleaning. Win, win! Amirite?

Celebration is not really the word that would come to mind when the reality set in that CJ was a bust. I do think Fitt would be fired at that point (I hope), but we'd be suffering for a long time. This comes down to how risk adverse a person you are as to how you see this situation.

1 minute ago, Luciu5 said:

49ers disagree. They probably aren't going to the super bowl anytime soon....but they dont' suck.

Much better overall talent on that roster. Already had success with a game manager type QB. 

QB was literally the last piece. Look at how good that team is with Jimmy G and Brock. 

If they had an all pro talent QB they’d be more unstoppable than they already were. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1